• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Another Aussie Girl Here

LizK

Hi my name is Elizabeth but my friends call me Liz, I am MTF have been transitioning since September 2015,. I am out and fulltime, I have my first GCS appointment next month. My history is probably not so different than many others here. This is my third and final attempt to transition. My first was in the late 70's and I would not accept the "Diagnosis" of Transsexual and thought the therapist had rocks in her head. Turns out she was right but I really wouldn't accept it until I had no other choice...it is what it is and I am who I am.  

I am still married and my wife is my rock solid support. I told her before we got married that I had gender issues but at that stage we were so madly in love it didn't matter. I could have told her I was actually was intergalactic space warrior here to instil world domination and it would have made no difference, we were madly in love and still are. We have been together now for 33 years and are probably closer now than we have ever been. There is a deep emotional connection that goes well beyond any physical changes that may happen with me...We met on a Wednesday I took her out for Dinner on the Friday and I moved in with her the following week and we have never been apart. I have two adult daughters who are amazing. They both struggled for awhile so I took my time and just loved them, we had our moments, I was really, really, honest with them no matter how difficult that was for me. Once they realised that I wasn't going anywhere and I was still the same person I have always been but a happier and more content person. Not new but better, happier, healthier they began to embrace Liz and have continued to do so.

I saw my Therapist last week and we discussed the reasons I was feeling so down on myself and she felt that I was grieving for the loss of my parents and brother who are far from supportive of me. Each encounter with them leaves me worse off so after a particularly offensive incident at Xmass I have had to accept them and my Transphobic brother as a loss in my life. I have 2 brothers one of whom uses my name and correct pronouns, he messes up but it is not with malice or intent, it is muscle memory and rarely happens. I love him simply for making the effort, that is all I have ever asked of my family. I have another brother who is a CEO of a major company whom I rarely see and I know he cares for me greatly. He has shown it in so many way and on so many occasions. These are the family members I will have time for. They all live a long way away from me which is some ways is a real blessing.  

I am well into Electrolysis and Laser, in fact I am on the finishing side with the end in site...sort of...LOL:applause: I have used Dental Blocks and Facial Injections along with IMHO the best Electrologist in South Australia to achieve this( I could be biased). I had great results from Laser which I started back in December of 2015.:D

If you have made it this far, thanks for reading

Liz

• Root Admin

Hello LizK,

Welcome to TransPulse. Thank your for sharing with us. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome Liz!  I must say that I am envious that you are close to finishing hair removal.   I have a bit of time yet to go.

Sorry about the loss of your family members but it sounds like you have two other supportive ones and that it certainly good.  We cannot force others to face their fears and accept us.  I look at it as their loss. 

Your relationship with your wife is special and I'm happy your daughters came around to see the real you.  

Please join in the conversation as we'd love to hear from you.  You can give us an Australian take on things!  I look forward to seeing you around,

Cheers,

Jani  

Thank you both Ladies for the warm welcome.

The hair removal is a major thing for me as I have struggled with it, My Electrologist said to me the other day could I please just stop shaving and let her clear up the stragglers over the next week or 10 days. In a normal mirror with my glasses on I can't see the hair on my face and I can't feel it so I really can actually stop but it feels weird because of course I can see it in my makeup magnifying mirror...it looks huge. LOL 

• Forum Moderator

Hi Liz,

Welcome to TransPulse. Glad you're here!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator

Hi Liz.  Welcome.  You are the first" intergalactic space warrior" i've met here.  

Sorry about your family.  My parents had passed away before i transitioned.  I seriously doubt my father could ever have accepted it.  He spent time in Australia during WW2.  He was always wanting me to man-up.  I did the best i could but fortunately accepted who i am and at least have some peace with my gender at this point.

You are certainly not alone.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi Liz! Welcome!

I wish I was where you are at with the hair issue!

Love and Light!

• Admin

Welcome to TransPulse, Liz.  I am so happy for you that things are going well in your life.  Please contribute all that you wish to this site.  We will be grateful.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Welcome Liz!

I got rid of most of the dark hairs with laser, the last 20% are mostly red and grey hairs. Thos are taking forever!!.

Hugs,

Marcie

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I will find out tomorrow how much of my face my Electrologist can get done in the hour or so we have tomorrow. The idea with the  long growing time for electrolysis this week was to find any of the first  or second growth hairs that have been missed...what's  is left is a very slow growing superfine blond hairs that cannot be seen by the naked eye....so hopefully I can get rid of everything long and visible tomorrow.....anyway will find the right place to talk about that and update you all. Again that you for taking the time to welcome me.