• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Baby Steps

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

This is probably no biggie for most of you, but it was a big step forward for me in terms of letting Carolyn express herself. I went to the mall today and, in the guise of shopping for a gift for my S/O, went to the cosmetics section of J.C. Penney. Explained to the clerk that I was looking for a gift box with various cosmetics, including eye shadow, lipstick, powder, etc. They had several and I picked one that included a "how to" DVD. I didn't even feel myself blushing, which I usually do at the drop of a hat. I walked out with my purchase and couldn't believe how easy it was, or how confident it made me feel. I smiled with satisfaction and joy the whole way home. I just have to await the time when I can view the DVD and give it a try. BTW, the set did not include a trowel so I won't be shoveling the makeup on. ;) Anyway, just had to tell my friends at Laura's. Thanks

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Well, Good for you, Hon....Good for you!

I know how you feel...I'm MTF, but I crossdressed for years and it was painful trying to obtain things!

Even since I've started my transition I've had my wife carry my things to the counter.,....

(Big chicken).....

But now !!

I just go in and shop...pick out what I like and go pay for it...it's very liberating...

I even sit down and try on shoes...while presenting male....I just don't give a hoot anymore...

I'm about your age, Hon...so I can appreciate what you did...

And ...no trowel??

How do you ever expect to look good with a swipe with a foundation trowel!??

I carry one in my purse.....lol

Carolyn Marie....thank for sharing with your friends here...we like that!

***BIGG HUGG****

Donna Jean

Guest Emily H

Congratulations. Thats more than I could ever do right now. more than I ever need to right now. But what i mean is, great job! I am sure this is the first step on the long road to being more open and confident. Good luck! :)

Guest ~Brenda~

Dear Carolyn!

Yes!! It does feel great to go into a store and get the makeup, dress, scarf, shoes, etc. that you want. Nice ploy on the gift for the SO... smart thinking!

Some simple advice on makeup (less is best!). Don't over do the makeup! Subtle, makes you look fabulous!

Great! I am so excited for you dear!

LOL

bernii

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

that's because you can shop around and find yourself a really good high quality trowel elsewhere. ;)

• Admin

Thanks, ladies, for all the support and good wishes. Once I find that trowel and try it out I'll let you you know how it worked out. If my face doesn't look too hideous perhaps I'll even post a photo. lol.

XOXO

Carolyn Marie

Guest Ashlee

Carolyn Marie,

That is great news!

Just like you said, baby steps!

Of course, it won't be long and you'll be at that counter getting makeup tips from the girls that work there!

And then, you may as well try on some clothes too ;)

{HUGS}

Ashlee

Guest AshleeB

yay! i think thats more than just a baby step. thats really impressive :D well done! keep up the good work hun!

luv Ashlee :wub: