• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Boylan speaks out

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

It's just so difficult for me to understand how people can hate so much.:? Love feels so much better.❤

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator

It's all about fear.  "I don't want to lose my way of life"  "You're different than me."  This tribalism has always been around us, but it is not the way forward.  Societies have always moved ahead by looking outward, not inward.

Jani

• Admin

I see some of it on "The Scene" here in the So. Calif. and even here there is a problem.  At TG events there are White passing groups and centers, there are POC1 and POC2 and centers for their activity as well.  Getting people from all three together for serious mixing and dialogue does not happen often, but it does.  Finding yourself marginalized as being Trans* from your own basic group sadly does not put us in a single Trans* Margin community.  The one or two right leaner Trans* I have talked to still carry and hold onto their old Primary group without realizing it.  We have to face the fact we are out of our old "clubs" and get it shoved in our face that we are OUT OF THEM for us to get our larger group all together.

It seems that the "statue issue" has made the haters show their true colors and attack racial groups in public. Till now, they have avoided that and targeted LGBT and alien people who in many states are not covered by any civil rights laws. It also is showing their religious objections are far more secular than they profess. But, make no mistake, they have not forgotten about us but, they have now publicly  connected the dots of hate for us. We had a trans* Trump supporter come to an event and I and others ripped her up, haven't seen her since!

I think some took Trump at his word and voted for him based on the fact he said he would protect LGBT rights. They are regretting that decision now as he clearly lied. But the thing is not all those votes for trump were for trump, some were to vote against Hillary. 

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 144 Guests (See full list)

• FinnyFinsterHH
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • MaryEllen
    • missyjo
    • Jordyn1215225