• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Halloween

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Does anyone have plans?   There was a time as a child in the 50's and early 60's that i dreamed of a costume.  It was the only chance allowed and even then the approval was very guarded.

It may be different today?

Hugs,

Charlize

My focus is on making sure the kids have costumes they like.  My son is Indiana Jones this year, my daughter is the Other Mother from Coraline. I'll be at work on the day, so I'll probably go hand out candy at the trunk 'r' treat law enforcement does in the parking lot outside my office. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years and years.

• Forum Moderator

Halloween is still a lesser event here, but I have noticed the stores are really getting in on the act these days. I have no plans, but it would be a good idea. Locally here in Uk, except for parties, costumes seem generally to be worn only by young children

Tracy

• Admin

Same plans I have every year.  We'll pig out on nachos and watch at least one B horror flick to make fun of it.  Then the main attraction: The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I used to get creative in my costumes for Halloween at work, back in the day.  Won scariest costume one year when I was full-time male.  Showed up to work dressed as a nun and everyone lost their minds.

• Admin

If you like the Disney theme, Rachael, give it enough time with makeup and you could go as Ursula from The Little Mermaid.  I've seen that done really well a couple of times now.

Edited by Dev
Damn you, autocorrect.
  • Forum Moderator

I remember going as Mr. Clean when i did man stuff.  Big biceps, baldness, cotton eyebrows. one earring and a white T shirt did it.

Hugs,

Charlize

The weekend before, we are going to South Carolina to visit my daughter, SiL and granchildren. They just closed on a beautiful home and we'll help them break it in. :-)

On Halloween itself, I'll celebrate Samhain here at home.

I've spoke of this before, but when I was a child, Halloween was the one night of the year I could be 'Jennifer' with no shame. I remember her as a child, she was quite lovely. I got compliments at about every house we where stopped for candy. 

Someone asked recently about regrets. I do wonder how things might have been had Jennifer been allowed the opportunity to flourish instead of T. 

But anyway, happy Halloween to all!

• 3 weeks later...

have not done anything for halloween over the last three years. don't know of any parties fell asleep watching a movie on tuesday the house will be dark.

• Forum Moderator

I've got an AA meeting @ 9 Tuesday night and i'll probably go as a witch.  I've got a great hat, long black full skirt with a full petticoat and orange and black stripped stockings.  Some pointy shoes and a cackle will fill in the rest  Booooo.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Boo!?

I love All Hallow's Eve! To me it kicks off the holliday season. I traditionally celebrate with pizza, candy, and horror movies. And I've got Halloween off this year! I've been watching a horror movie each night at work for a couple weeks now. Really getting into the spirit!

Happy Halloween, or have a good Samhain!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf???

• Forum Moderator

Rachael I bet you looked marvelous!  

TW, the candy and pizza sounds great, but I'm too much of a fraidy cat for horror movies.  

Jani

• Admin

large.HalloweenCostume!!.jpg.b17aaff71a71386ffaaac16c08c725bd.jpg

I will just renew this one for this year.  Actually I will be getting my 9 year coin from my home AA group tomorrow night, that is my TREAT for the year.

Congratulations @VickySGV!  ...And thanks for the funny pic.  I re-posted it to our local transgender support group FB page.  Cute!!!

• Forum Moderator

That's wonderful, Vicky. Congrat's and happy Halloween!

Lots of love,

Timberr Wolf???

I requested today off so I'll be home most of the day and hopefully hanging with a friend before they go to a thing this evening then me and my Beau will watch a horror show or movie and exchange gifts. I'll have goody bags just in case any trick or treaters come to the door. 

ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ