• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Passing At A Restarant With My Parents There!!! Omw

Guest AniStacy

Guest AniStacy

Hey peeps.

well, you know how girlish I can look... well... its a hideous girlishness but hey :P

Anyway! my parents don't believe that i pass, so... I'm out there, barely trying, I have an alice band in my hair, no breast forms, no make up... NOTHING!

And so as we finished up with our meal, the waitress takes my plate and says, "anything else for you ma'am"

infront of my dad... he was like "yeah yeah, u were right"

The response from my mom was a shock though.. she was like, "YES!!! THATS SO GREAT"

But now she was the most pessimistic, I think she was just worried what others might think... so she got that off her chest.

And soooo aniway.... YEAAAAAH!!! I passed undeniably, I'm still pre-hrt but I think this month is the month!

:)

THought I'd share that with u peeps.

<3 Stacy

• Admin

That's wonderful, hon. I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you have some pretty supportive parents, and that's a huge help. You're a lovely girl, and you've got a wonderful life in front of you. GO FOR IT!

Carolyn Marie :wub:

Guest Donna Jean

Way to go, Stacy! Dang it...don't that feel good?

Lizzie McTrucker said:

Did you flash that "See?! I told you so!" smile to your parents?

Well, did ya????

Lol....I sure did when my wife and I walked into WalMart and the greeter said "Good morning, Ladies"!!

WHOO HOO!

So now you got the last laugh....

"anything else for you ma'am"...AHhhh...music to your ears!

XXOO

Donna Jean

That is just wonderful, I can't tell you haow good that makes me feel when someone gets identified correctly.

I hope she got a good tip.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest angie

Restaurants are a great place for a woman to gain her confidence.

I started taking myself to one a week alone.At the begining,I was very selfconcious.

Stared at,laughed at,pointed out...Then I found the secret,Act like you belong and you do.

I learned Not to look around to see(if)I was made,if I was,Who cares.If they laughed,stared

pointed,they must be talking about someone else,Is how I treated it.Slowly,I gained that much

sought after level of confidence,to where I come in,am greeted and seated and am treated like

any other woman.That is truly a rewarding moment when you walk in some place and greeted

with an,"May I help you m'am/miss?" The hardest part is acting like it is the most normal thing

in the world to be greeted in the feminine,like you have been your whole life.

Inside,you are glowing.

Smiling at the memory,

Angelique-Angie

Guest Donna Jean

Angie.....

That's wonderful advice.....

And how wonderful it is to be recognized as yourself and given a bit of "normalcy" in your life!

Afterall...that's what we all want ...just to be normal. To be seen as our true selves is always such a thrill at first...

And maybe longer....I don't know yet....LOL

But I've been Mam'd a couple of times and it was exciting!

Good luck to all of us in this !

Donna Jean

Guest angie
And how wonderful it is to be recognized as yourself and given a bit of "normalcy" in your life!

Afterall...that's what we all want ...just to be normal. To be seen as our true selves is always such a thrill at first...

And maybe longer....I don't know yet....LOL

But I've been Mam'd a couple of times and it was exciting!

Donna Jean

Donna Jean,

It never gets old.

After time in the female,you take your daily appearance as a normal.You can even forget how you are presenting at times,and the feminine greeting catches you off guard.It's a gentle reminder of the

very real changes happening in your life and to others preceptions of you as a person.All they see

is a woman.That Never Gets Old.Not when you know where you came from,and how totally different you used to be.(Smiiiiiiiiiiile)

Huge Hugs,

Angie

Guest Donna Jean
Donna Jean,

It never gets old.

After time in the female,you take your daily appearance as a normal.You can even forget how you are presenting at times,and the feminine greeting catches you off guard.It's a gentle reminder of the

very real changes happening in your life and to others preceptions of you as a person.All they see

is a woman.That Never Gets Old.Not when you know where you came from,and how totally different you used to be.(Smiiiiiiiiiiile)

Huge Hugs,

Angie

Thanks, Angie...

That is very comforting....

I do look so forward to a lot of that! Your kind words made me feel good about the future.....Thank you so!

And to have the past as a gentle reminder ...you have a point of reference...

So good..

HUGG back!

Donna Gean

Guest CharlieRose

Don't you love that? Parents and people close to us before transition think we can't pass just because they're so used to seeing us as the opposite sex. I told my parents I was getting "sir"ed almost daily and they were like, "I find that hard to believe." I haven't had a "Ha! I told you so!" moment yet but I'm happy for you. :D

Guest angie
Don't you love that? Parents and people close to us before transition think we can't pass just because they're so used to seeing us as the opposite sex. I told my parents I was getting "sir"ed almost daily and they were like, "I find that hard to believe." I haven't had a "Ha! I told you so!" moment yet but I'm happy for you. :D

Hahahaha good memories indeed,

The first time my family,ex and daughters,went to a restaurant with me in full female,they were

stunned when the hostess and waitress greeted us with an,Good evening ladies.I was still right at

the begining of RLE/RLT and the effect it had on me was veeerrry noticable.I so was beside myself to be gendered and treated like a woman in front of my girls,that I wanted to jump up and kiss that

woman.My ex noticed,and made the comment that it made me so happy to be gendered right,with

no apparent embarassment,that this must be right for me.Oh how right she was.(griiin)

Many/most will find that they will be tested constantly.Seeing if what we say about who we are,is

in fact the truth.We know,they have to prove it to themselves.

Angie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Emily_MI

Angie,

Congratulations Angie, I know when you hear stuff like that it only helps build your confidence even more. I'm so jealous lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ryles_D

Awesome. ^^

That happened to me at a shoe store once- even after mom called me a girl in front of the lady. Didn't change anything, though. :/

• 9 months later...

Nice going! I like the fact that your parents are supportive of you. I passed in restaurants a lot, but unfortunately for me, my parents are VERY non supportive and threw away my binder and mens clothes and now I don't pass in restaurants anymore. One of these days though, I'll make a comeback and pass once again.

P.S. Good luck with your transition :)