• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Study: Availability of Speech/Language Services

Dev

• Admin

Good afternoon!

Dara Yazdani, a graduate student in speech and language pathology at The George Washington University, is conducting a study on the availability and usefulness of voice therapy services to the transgender community.  I've taken this survey and found nothing alarming within it, so would like to share it with you on his behalf.  You can take the survey at:

https://columbiangwu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9ow8qxws8hmOdnv

• Forum Moderator

I took it and it was quick.  The question about cost of service was unclear about timeframe.  I answered what I thought an hourly rate would be.  Hopefully something positive will come from the data they collect. 

Jani

• Admin

Dara has joined the forums under his first name, so he may be participating in discussion here.  Please welcome him as you would any other member. :)  

I had the same beef about the cost of service question. I answered based on what I thought a limited course of service would cost.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Jani and Ravin. I appreciate the feedback about the cost of service question. My thanks to everyone who has participated in the survey thus far.

For those who have not yet taken the survey, but are still interested, we are still accepting responses and probably will for another month. Here again is the link: https://columbiangwu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9ow8qxws8hmOdnv

Let me know if you have any questions. You can contact me on this thread or email me if you prefer a more prompt reply ([email protected]).

Thanks again for contributing to this important research.

Best,

Dara

• Forum Moderator

I went through and took the survey myself.  I tried to put a ? in the $ area and it was denied.

Oddly i've just left this issue behind at this point in my transition.  Like many things i can accept the occasional mistakes on the phone which is the worst part of my speech.  I also do believe that for some this is much more critical.

Hugs,

Charlize