• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First time in a Forum

SkyeWrite

Good evening everyone, 

I am was born male and am seeking to transition to female. Apart from my VERY close social circles and with my psychologist, this is the first time i've said it out loud. I started to accept that I might be transgender a few months ago and have been taking my time and trying different things. Trying on cloths, bra shopping, doing plenty of research. I am at the point where I would like to start pursuing more advanced avenues of expression. I've been hesitant up until now, feeling like I cant proceed unless I make sure everyone is aware of what i'm about to go through. Thats all changed as i've told whom I want to be aware and am wanting to make further moves for me. I'm both nervous and excited. I feel like i'm ready, more ready than I have been these past few months. I'm a super cautious person however. How do you really know if it's the right move? 

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Skye.  It's good to have you here.  I have to say that I like the approach you're taking about this journey that you're on.  There is nothing wrong with being cautious, and everything right about seeking out a psychologist and seeking answers and support in a place such as this.

We'll be here whenever you have questions, and your comments and opinions are always welcome.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Welcome to Transpulse.  

I think the best way to answer the question on how you know if it's the right move is to ask you how it feels to you.  Does it feel to you like this is your path?

• Forum Moderator

Hi Skye

Welcome :)

Most everyone moves at a different pace as they feel their feet. This is a good place to read on people's experiences and get a feel of where you are.

Tracy

• Root Admin

Hello Skye,

Welcome to TransPulse. Thank you for sharing with us. If you have questions, feel free to ask. :)

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Skye.  I can only speak for myself.  Self discovery took time and a great deal of experimentation.  Therapy helped as did time here.  Simply knowing i wasn't alone made my path easier.  Glad you've joined us during your journey.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Skye,

Welcome to TransPulse. I'm glad you've found us! You don't have to be alone on your journey.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Welcome Skye.

As many have said it takes time to figure things out so taking your time will allow you to find the right fit for you. 

Laura Beth