• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

HRT

Raven1981

Hello All:

Wanted to share with everyone that I have finally visited the doctor that my therapist helped me with on looking for a good doctor and a referral that I have my prescription.  I have both the Sprio and I have the Estrovial patch.  My doctor is so nice and also is taking it slow and watching everything including having blood taken.

Want to share with everyone on my news.

Thank You

Amy

Congratulations, Amy!! You are on your way. It sounds like your process was smooth in getting your medication, and now you can watch and wait for the happy results :) I hope it all goes well for you.

Hugs

Gwen

• Forum Moderator

Great news Amy.  Make sure you clean the area where you place the patch to ensure it will stay put.  And as noted in other posts, be careful of placing it on locations where the skin stretches a lot.   I'm glad to hear you like your doctor, that's important. 

Cheers,

Jani 

It's a good feeling when you finally get to start hrt. It's so wonderful to hear that you made that milestone. Congratulations and enjoy the journey. 

Hello All:

Thank you very much for all the advice and complements.  I have only been on the Sprio and Estrovial for 2 weeks.  Wondering how long before you start to show signs?

I know when my doctor went over my first labs with me, my Testosterone was well below the normal male level, so that works out for me, so don't have to drop that down too fast.  The patches that I am on delivers xxx mg a day. <edit: Doses not allowed>

One of my big things that I really want and looking forward to is real breast.

Hope to hear back

Amy

Edited by Jani423
Doses not allowed
  • Forum Moderator

Amy the changes are unique and based upon your physical make up.  I noticed the mental changes after about 6 weeks when I realized I was calmer.  Physical changes were slower for me but I also don't carry much body fat which I understand is big determinant.  As you've heard once your breast start growing they will hurt.  This is without doubt!  The good news it will subside.  Remember that puberty lasts many years so changes will not happen overnight.  

Cheers, 

Jani

It was about 4-6 weeks for me as well and the mental changes were like flipping a light switch. It was fantastic. The physical changes are are ongoing and still are wonderful. Hrt will give you the patience to wait for the changes. Enjoy the journey it's worth the wait. 

Hello All:

So I have been on Sprio and the Estrovial patches for 3.5 weeks now.  The only physical change I have noticed on me is loss of weight on me and my butt has started to get rounder and firmer.

I wish I can say the same for my breast, but I still have to wait since I have only been on HRT for 3.5 weeks.  I am just wondering if the patches are working?

Thank you all

Amy

• Forum Moderator

Breath deep, relax and let the magic come.  We are all different but regardless it takes time for our bodies to realize there is a new plan.  You are looking at puberty and it simply takes time.  Let us know how it goes but at least for awhile i wouldn't worry.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)

• Davie
    • Ashley0616
    • Karen Carey
    • AllieJ
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Luna29
    Newest Member
    Luna29

1. ciara
      ciara
    2. Jamieleann
      Jamieleann
      (62 years old)
    3. Lukey19252
      Lukey19252
      (22 years old)
    4. Maye
      Maye
      (66 years old)
    5. Spirefreedom
      Spirefreedom
      (21 years old)
    • Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Thank you, Ashley! You're sweet.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      That sounds like fun! My vote is for heels. 
    • Ashley0616
      You look great as usual! 
    • Petra Jane