• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sweet Something for Spring

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Here are a couple of photo's from yesterday at the sugar house.  460 gals. of sap processed.  Things are certainly sweet when the syrup comes in.

sugaring - 1.jpg

sugar house - 1.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Wow. No snow and ice! All froze here  in Michigan. Got lots of snow this last weekend. Maybe you'll get a sugar snow. Nice pics though!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator

Carla i love it when we get snow and i'm drawing syrup.  When you put hot fresh syrup on snow and it crystallizes it is yummy.

Tessa the flags are prayer flags that have faded over the year.  I'll put new ones up soon but i just let them go naturally into the environment.  I started hanging them after my daughter in law suggested them as a warning about low wires for the tractor.  The graveyard where my parents and a son are buried is down wind of the farm so i also feel they carry prayers to them.

I just have grown to love the way they look.  Some colorful and new while others are tattered and bleached by the weather.

Hugs,

Charlize  

• Forum Moderator

I wondered about the prayer flags too! It reminded me of a traditional Monday wash here with flags on the line (baby nappies / diapers), but much too small and rare these days as most people use disposable ones. A sensible warning for the tractor as it is easy to forget little things and a wire would be far less noticeable.

They are lovely pictures Charlize!

Tracy