• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Two New Pills on My Kitchen Counter

Gwen

I picked my first prescription of estradiol and spironolactone from the pharmacy today and swallowed one of each as soon as I got home. Now, several hours later I feel so weird! It's like my innards are quivering. I'm sure this will pass but I welcome it and any other new sensation that comes.

My endocrinologist was warm and supportive, as was all the other staff in the clinic. I did feel quite odd in the waiting room because I was waaaaay too colorful compared to the regular folks around me. I'm sure many here can relate. I had a funny moment while picking up the meds. The pharmacist yelled from behind her counter, without me saying anything, "Give us 10 minutes." I thought, How does she know? This just added to the specialness of the day.

So on this date, March 23th, Gwen gets prepared to slowly bloom.

Gwen

• Forum Moderator

Awesome! Congrats Gwen! Enjoy the ride...:P

Hugs,

Jae

• Forum Moderator

It's great feeling to be on your way Gwen, taking that first dose is almost surreal. Congrats, and strap yourself in, enjoy the ride....

Cyndi -

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Gwen!  Let the changes begin...

Jani

Congratulations. Picking up the prescriptions, the initial counseling, and taking the first dose will be moments you will remember always. 

11 hours ago, Rachael said:

Congratulations. Picking up the prescriptions, the initial counseling, and taking the first dose will be moments you will remember always. 

You're right, Rachel. I colored a big star on my calendar yesterday, and today I will celebrate by going the city (I live in a rural area). I plan to enjoy the sunshine, eat lunch and take photos of the March for Our Lives protest.

In many many ways I cannot believe I finally have estradiol and Spiro in my body :) :) :)

Gwen