• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello!

Guest ixiolirion

Guest ixiolirion

Hey, everyone!

My name is Monty. I'm a little nervous about starting up here, but I'm equal parts excited. The whole being trans thing is a fairly new development for me. I mean, I guess I shouldn't say that. It's more that it became apparent that my subconscious had been keeping this aspect of my identity squashed down since high school and only recently decided that my feelings deserved to actually be reflected on. It should have done this way sooner to explain a lot of the anxiety that I couldn't pinpoint the cause of for years other than there was something disconcerting about how I looked...

Anyway, I'm 24 years old and a currently closeted transgender man. I'm going to come out in the very near future for the sake of my own comfort and mental state. It's going to be Summer soon and I don't think I could handle months of shaving and wearing sundresses just to keep up appearances. I'll make a few posts when I do so I can detail how it goes (coming out to my friends will be easy--my friend group is mostly other people who are LGBT. They'll understand me the most. It's really only my Dad and a few choice relatives that I'm worried about). 

I'm a writer of fiction and I mainly write stories in the genres of fantasy and sci-fi. My goal is to publish YA books that feature a lot of LGBT representation--the more types of people who get to see an aspect of themselves in my work the better. I'm currently working on my first full-length novel, but I'm also getting ready to start submitting short stories to some online magazines to bring in a little money and get exposure. I use art (digital and traditional) as a means of relaxation, expression, or just to get character designs from my stories out of my head. I'll also admit that I like a lot of cartoons and anime--no shame here.

So, I'll be around. Wish me luck. I know I'm doing the same for all of you!

• Root Admin

Hello Monty,

Welcome to TransPulse. :)  No need to be nervous. You're among friends here. Thank you for sharing with us. We have a couple of writers here that you could identify with. Good luck with your writing endeavors . :)

MaryEllen

Welcome Monty!

You'll find much support and camaraderie here. I'd love to read some of your work if you want to post or link to anything.

Julie

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Monty.  Thanks for joining us.  Your writing and art sounds interesting.  Please join in the conversation and ask any questions you may have.  We'll all do our best.

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Monty.

Finding a path takes doing one step at a time even if we are nervous about each step.

I found reading of other's journeys and sharing about my own helped me move forward.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Monty.  Thanks for sharing your story with us.  I am a huge fan of sci-fi so I appreciate your efforts to publish in that genre.  I wish you success, both with that and your gender issues.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Monty,

Welcome to TransPulse! No need to be nervous, you're among friends here.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 176 Guests (See full list)

• Geordie_Dad
    • Mikey or zoe
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ka.mayu
    Newest Member
    ka.mayu

1. Ay-la
      Ay-la
      (51 years old)
    2. Camille
      Camille
      (48 years old)
    3. Dressupdoll
      Dressupdoll
      (57 years old)
    4. iliya
      iliya
      (37 years old)
    5. KaylaH
      KaylaH
      (48 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      For that part, be glad you live in MS and not in CA or some other "paradise."    Unfortunately, right now in the USA it is about choices.  Choose to live in a mostly free state that doesn't want my gender to exist, or choose to live in a leftist place that accepts my gender but not my family or my faith, or how I want to live my life or the stuff I own.   As for the lawsuits... hiring a lawyer costs money.  And a "no fees unless you win" attorney probably won't take a case like this, as it is difficult to get money from folks who often don't have anything.  As they say, "it is hard to get blood from a turnip." 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      There's a couple of things.  First, since so many LGBTQ+ folks often vote Democrat, it is simply assumed that "LGBTQ = Democrat."  And to many, Democrat = enemy.  The fact that some of us don't vote for Democrats comes as a surprise to many.  You wouldn't believe how many different times I have had to explain how I vote, that I don't like Biden, etc...   And then, there's the flamboyant, over-the-top appearance and behavior of some.  When average folks see strange dress, wild colors, and the occasional provocative behavior in the news, they assume that it is the norm and that all LGBTQ+ folks are like that.  To them, "LGBTQ = weird."    I think that @Abigail Genevieve is right, part of it is lousy marketing.  And that will take a ton of undoing, because it has been going on for years.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Personally, I despise the antics of the "swing" states. Double-minded and unstable, shifting every time the wind blows.  OK, so the Lt Governor of Georgia doesn't like Trump.  Small potatoes.... given the 2020 results, nobody counts on Georgia anyways.
    • VickySGV
      Xenophobia -- fear of the foreign nature of something.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Its midnight here...so, technically morning   I had a really weird evening, and learned something new about politics.  My sister, who is running for public office as our township constable, received a "present" today, left on the hood of her patrol car.  An axe!  Wrapped in a bundle of sticks (dowels?).  The sheriff received one also, and a couple other candidates.  Now, my first thought was it was meant as a threat, and I was freaked out when she told me.  But she wisely identified it as political criticism:   During the 2020 election, a small dissident minority objected to our sheriff, and labeled him "Mussolini."  Apparently the symbol of the F@scist Party came from ancient Rome.  An axe, circled with rods, and the whole bundle was called "fasces" and represented the authority of the state.  Roman officials would have them symbolically carried ahead of them through the city on parade.  Other nations used it too, including the USA.  But since the 1920s, it is mostly associated with a certain political party.  Either I was never taught this in high school, or I didn't notice it.    So, it appears that this election season will have some interesting aspects.  And I have been asked to put gold spray paint on an axe, to make it like a trophy. 
    • KayC
      Welcome @Vivelacors!  For myself and many others here it is a similar theme.  But, I can assure it's never too late.  I hope that you will discover that as you explore and connect with more of us on the Forum.    You've already taken the most important first step ... Self-Affirmation.  I am wishing you the best in continuing this process. Deep breaths ... One step at a time
    • phys
      I can remember as a teenager being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and living in the bible belt. It was always a little hard-I think religion is just tricky anyway.    I was referred to a couple of ladies at church by my mum who gave me very good advice.  One has known those who are are trans- and how they approched it.    The other has two people in their life who identify differently. They also gave other ideas to assist me.     I do like ideas though. 
    • KayC
      If I am leaving the house I will almost always do makeup.  Not over-the-top but enough to feminize my face (eye shadow, mascara), lipstick, and a light cover of a concealer and foundation. I found my favorite lipsticks are Maybelline.  But the concealer/foundation I 'discovered' in Neutrogena Hydro Boost - Hyaluronic Acid based.  For 'older' gals like me I find it moisturizes and doesn't dry into those annoying fine lines (I have enough of those already).    Hopefully, after facial hair removal I might not feel the need as much.
    • kristinabee
      I think it just comes down to a lot of people not knowing anything about the lgbtq+ community besides what reactionaries online and on TV say. In my experience, people who have a lot more day-to-day contact with gay and trans people, have lgbtq+ friends or family, coworkers, etc. are a lot more accepting because they know an lgbtq+ person, and know that we aren't anything like what the people on TV say we are. 
    • Davie
      "A prominent Republican in a swing state just announced he’s backing Biden! This unexpected endorsement and brutal rebuke of Donald is a sign his support is waning." —MARY L. TRUMP
    • April Marie
      Welcome! We are so glad you found us! Actually, you’ll find quite a few of us here who embraced their reality quote late in life. None of us know how much time we have, but we can enjoy the time that we do. Celebrate!    Join in in where you feel comfortable.
    • VickySGV
      Actually the bill seems to be so thoroughly confusing that I doubt that enforcement is even possible.  It could however incite vigilante style actions.  A false accusation against a "looks challenged" Cis woman is very likely to happen early on.  So what will happen in the case of those situations?  I have a script in mind over the sad average looking daughter of one of the legislators getting tangled into one of those situations.  I don't know whether it would be a comedy or a tragedy at the minute.
    • Ashley0616
      Time to bring a self defense weapon. Looking forward to having a gun on my side. 
    • Ashley0616
      https://open.substack.com/pub/erininthemorn/p/mississippi-passes-bill-allowing?r=35q61e&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email
    • Ashley0616
      I don't know yet. I'm sure there is going to be a big crowd. I also would have to keep up with the kids and probably won't enjoy myself mostly. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.