• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Couple Of Queries.

Guest GoldenKirbichu

Guest GoldenKirbichu

Okay... here we go.

My biggest issue is with binders. I know there are other binding topics here but they don't really apply to me...

My chest-lumps are rather small. A cups apparently. But I'm REALLY heavy (260 pounds) and I don't want to wear ANYTHING that even LOOKS like a bra. I definitely intend to lose weight but I can't do it so fast that a binder will become unneeded. I mostly need it so I don't have the hideous lumps. The problem is they don't seem to make binders huge enough for my body shape... So I have no idea what to do about that. Preferably I'd want a binder that looked like an undershirt so it'd look normal enough to wear it. I have no clue if there's some way to rig an ACTUAL undershirt to work for it, though.

Another issue. My voice is so ehhh. I have no idea on how to make it sound more masculine without taking testosterone (I can't figure out how to deepen it, even though I've tried to copy the speech patterns of bioguys). My voice is already pretty deep, but sometimes I'm getting ma'ams on the phone and I don't know why. It's making me paranoid and ashamed about even opening my mouth to talk.

Hey, in terms of the voice I'm afraid I can't be of any help. I'm rather lucky and have a strangly deep voice even though I havn't had any hormones yet. Maybe some of the other guys can answer this one.

In terms of the binding I am similar to you, I'm 210 pounds, and am very tall, but have a D cup, so my chest is very big and noticable. I had the same problem finding binders big enough for me. The best ones I have found are at

http://www.underworks.com/

They have the biggest varities, weather you want one just for the chest, or one that looks like a regular shirt. Also they go up to really large sizes. 3xlarge 49-52 inches.

Hope this helps.

hey golden...

Im a big guy too! But my mammaries are significant (like double D's)...and binding them is not even remotely comfy...ive done minimizers...the frog bra...they can get the job done with an extra shirt or two. (at some point im either reducing or sayin bye to them all together) as for the voice....pay attention to what time of day your voice is the deepest. and then really analyze how your throat feels...where you are breathing from etc....and then u can mimic that when your voice tries to go fem on you. sometimes you can even try talkin slower and softer to see how to manipulate your voice. its kinda hard to explain but i hope you can kinda work with what im saying. also record your self. once you get over how goofy it feels you can really get an idea of what words or expressions may make you go fem.

• 1 month later...

hey, i think the voice problem is pretty universal. it drives me insane when telemarketers call me ma'am. something that helped me was just speaking slower[guys tend to do this anyways] because if your voice starts to go feminine on you, you have time to stop and correct it, and after awhile it just becomes habit. with the binder issue i would strongly suggest underworks, because they have very large sizes and binders that don't look even remotely bra like.

Marco B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alexander
Okay... here we go.

My biggest issue is with binders. I know there are other binding topics here but they don't really apply to me...

My chest-lumps are rather small. A cups apparently. But I'm REALLY heavy (260 pounds) and I don't want to wear ANYTHING that even LOOKS like a bra. I definitely intend to lose weight but I can't do it so fast that a binder will become unneeded. I mostly need it so I don't have the hideous lumps. The problem is they don't seem to make binders huge enough for my body shape... So I have no idea what to do about that. Preferably I'd want a binder that looked like an undershirt so it'd look normal enough to wear it. I have no clue if there's some way to rig an ACTUAL undershirt to work for it, though.

Another issue. My voice is so ehhh. I have no idea on how to make it sound more masculine without taking testosterone (I can't figure out how to deepen it, even though I've tried to copy the speech patterns of bioguys). My voice is already pretty deep, but sometimes I'm getting ma'ams on the phone and I don't know why. It's making me paranoid and ashamed about even opening my mouth to talk.

Heck, sounds like we're almost the same body type! I'm small chested and my weight hovers around 260lbs. (I'm also 5'8, just to help with the visual.) I use underworks binders, and they work great. As a bonus, they look a heck of a lot like undershirts and come in more than one color and style.

As for the voice, all I can say is practice singing your way down the musical scale. You won't notice a difference at first, but over time you can train your voice to drop at least a quarter of an octave.

Guest GoldenKirbichu
Heck, sounds like we're almost the same body type! I'm small chested and my weight hovers around 260lbs. (I'm also 5'8, just to help with the visual.) I use underworks binders, and they work great. As a bonus, they look a heck of a lot like undershirts and come in more than one color and style.

As for the voice, all I can say is practice singing your way down the musical scale. You won't notice a difference at first, but over time you can train your voice to drop at least a quarter of an octave.

Aww, you're three inches taller than me. No fair. *brick*