• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How to replicate a period? Give yourself a stomach ache

Alexys

• Root Admin

Ummm!  I think I'll pass on that one.  Cis girls hate their periods. Why would anyone want to replicate a period just to feel feminine?

MaryEllen

• Admin

This will NOT help you "feel feminine" and could result in self harm which these forums are here to prevent, not to encourage.  "Cramps" as they are politely referred to are not like a stomach ache that an Assigned Male would experience. As close as a Trans woman can get is to have GCS and survive through it's 6 month to 18 month recovery period during which time you do experience lower abdominal pain and daily vaginal discharge that we wryly refer to as our "catch up" period to end periods,  None of that makes us feel feminine at all, just sore and very uncomfortable bodily.  Some fetishists do get an erotic thrill by pretending to be pregnant, but that is not something these forums are here to discuss.  Natal women who have a uterus do NOT feel feminine while they are having their period because the discomfort for some is too great to bother with more than basic grooming and personal hygiene at any time.  I have two daughters that I raised as a single father and also had sisters.  Bad idea all around!

Um yeah I am not sure how having a tummy ache is going to make you feel any way but sick. And that sounds very unsafe as well. I would think about other ways to change how you feel that do not involve bodily harm. 

• Admin

@Alexys, we do not advocate or encourage harmful behavior in any way, shape, or form on this site.  Continuing to do so will result in you being banned.

There is no feminine therapeutic effect to menstruating. Despite its base "users" being limited to DFaB, PMS feels a lot morelike being a sore, temperamental, horrendously hungover man who picked up some really nasty digestive bug, than anything profoundly feminine. Not sure if you're aware of this but the process of shedding the uterine wall is actually prompted by a monthly upward spike in testosterone, hence why birth control contains estrogen among other things to help block it out, and why transmen tend to stop taking birth control while on HRT even though the two might sound like they should go hand in hand. Also; cramps, bleeding and moodswings might be the most stereotypical effects of PMS, but the list just grows in reaction to your mental state, so with women who have things like depression or anxiety, which actually is a lot more ciswomen than it might seem like... there's going to be very gross, messy "rectal issues" involved that can end up being more painful than the signature cramps themselves. Periods are not a pretty thing and women are literally at their absolute least feminine state, both hormonally and by image, when they're "on the rag". As a pre-anything transman, after the first day of gastrointestinal horror and initial conflict of  hormones settle down I actually tend to spend the remainder of periods in a blisslike haze, because the whole thing is just an extremely un-effeminate feeling experience.

As a transwoman(who is presumably interested in transition?), you may someday end up being one of the fine ladies out there who isn't biologically inclined to just stop feeling like a woman on a fixed monthly basis, and you wouldn't be strange for this at all because are plenty of other women who don't menstruate, both in the trans community and among barren ciswomen. Ciswomen might be born with womanhood but trans women actually earn theirs, so please don't let a lack of those uh.. lovely "uterine functions" make you feel like you're any less real or worthwhile than a ciswoman. Take care of yourself while you pass and you'll find much stronger traits to be proud of, but if you get into a habit of hurting yourself to imitate the little things you might damage some of your bodily functions over time, and then when you do transition you could be left with higher medical bills on top of your hormones or less time in this world to enjoy your transition when it comes.

1 hour ago, Geirmundi said:

you wouldn't be strange for this at all because are plenty of other women who don't menstruate, both in the trans community and among barren ciswomen. Ciswomen might be born with womanhood but trans women actually earn theirs, so please don't let a lack of those uh.. lovely "uterine functions" make you feel like you're any less real or worthwhile than a ciswoman. Take care of yourself while you pass and you'll find much stronger traits to be proud of

Thanks for this Geirmundi!

And I'd add there are also plenty of postmenopausal women in a similar situation. Not to mention those that have needed hysterectomies and other surgical procedures due to health issues. 

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason I don't have to fake it.

Every month on the new moon I go thru 5 to 7 days of what I can only explain as the grunge. Cramps! Headaches! No appetitte! Total biatch! Completely and totally tired for a week. Just ask my partner! Only THC/CBD concentrate vapor helps... Well, Ibuprofen for the headaches...

• Admin

I did have a very regular pattern (of about 28 days) to my mood variations with about a day and a half at my 2 week part of the pattern where I was touchy and more likely to lose my temper, and then break into tears.  At about the 25 - 28 day area I did get some mild depression or just a "don't give a damn" mood and wanted to be left alone and generally not do things. Not quite as bad as the times my blood sugar is low (it tended to be higher by a few points on those days), but even telling me I looked pretty in a dress or new wig was gonna get you snapped at.  I was able to override it once I knew what it was, but my close friends and speaking family remember it, and now joke about it.  I was off HRT for 8 months due to a DVT, and the patches I now use are a lower dose and the cycle is not as intense as it was before my GCS.

I have not started HRT yet.

I just got spironolactone and finasteride today. 

• 1 month later...

i cant see simulating a period will have any effect on feeling feminine other than a misconception that it will make u believe u have feminine function..the lady`s i know would rather not have it or are glad they have reached menopause. dont try to induce such a thing it will be a false event and do u no good.i think some trans females try way too hard to "feel" what the think being female is. i know its different for each girl but trying to force feelings always is a cautionary thing for me as to me the feelings are natural not forced.its when u say u need to feel feminine, for me i always have regardless of presentation ect.

why would you want stomache ache lol but sometimes i get syptoms of period not like blood obviously but the mood swings and bloating but not cramps