• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello materios

Evan

Hi! My name's Evan! I chose that name because at the time I identified with purely nb, and I thought it was a cool gender neutral name. I am a trans FTM/nonbinary guy. I tried wearing a binder once, and it almost damaged my rib cage and then I'd have to explain how it happened to my mother. I hope that I get support from this site, as I barely get support on my gender. I have a few friends who will use he/they and my name, but I'm mostly called Dad in my friend group, which is fine. I don't mind my birth name/pronouns because it was how I grew up, but I think my opinion on that will change once I'm able to safely say that I am a boy. Feel free to call me using discord; my sever (that I just started) is https://discord.gg/D5DNha  I won't be on all the time, but Ill reply when I can>

Hey dude :) 

Before I was "out", I needed a way to  hide my developing breasts.  I wore a snug, very firm control sports bra and it carried me for 7 years until I did come out.  It's not perfect and I had to wear loose clothing as well, but it didn't hurt my ribs.

Thanks! As it's time for me to start sports again, Ill have a good excuse to get them so it'll all work out hopefully.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Even,

Welcome to TransPulse. I'm glad you're here!

While I'm M2F, I've read some on the forums hear about the dangers of binders. JJ knows a lot about that. I'm glad you avoided serious trouble. I know that anything that puts too much pressure on the rib cage can be mortally dangerous, as it can put pressure on the lungs and in turn the heart.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Evan.  We have a growing cadre of FtM and non-binary self-identified members here, and that's a welcome change.  We need that diversity here, in what used to be an almost exclusively MtF site.  I hope you find friends, find support and find good information in these forums.  I see that you've already found some of the latter.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hello Evan. Welcome!  Yes to what Carolyn Marie has said.  I'm glad you're here.  Please join in.  

Cheers, Jani