• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

UK government to outlaw gay ‘cure’ therapy

BrandiBri

• Forum Moderator

Good to see this practice is being shut down in as many places as possible.  Still a ways to go.

Jani

• Admin

Some good sense and compassion here!  Not to mention intelligence.

• Forum Moderator

Yes I saw this on the BBC news yesterday, and is good news. It is interesting to note the 'faith groups will not be excluded'. This does bring it into wider context and will create a lot of problems. Some other practices are illegal here but in close knit, not native faith, religions it has been difficult stopping them. A change of understanding by people is more important than change of law. An intent to change does not automatically bring the change. It will almost certainly happen but may take a while.

Tracy

its about time  but there again how long will it take to be more acceptable by people  and bigots

That's great. The Victorian State Government (Australia) is wanting to do the same but all kinds of opposition is appearing so unclear how it's going to go. This is the most progressive State; it would never get up Federally even if it could be managed constitutionally.

This kind of stuff caused us so much damage in the past. When it comes up in the media some of us want to share our experiences because nobody (much) else is, but it's so hard to do. Anyway, yes once again the Mother Country outshines us ;)

Regn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)

• gavin
    • April Marie
    • Freestream
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Justine76
    Newest Member
    Justine76

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone! We're back from a short vacation with friends to the mountains of NC. It was a fun time driving the twisty mountain roads.   Now it's back to reality of cutting grass, washing windows and putting in screens and putting out the porch furniture. Coming home to warmer weather than when we left is glorious.   Happy Anniversary @Willow!    I hope your family is feeling better @KymmieL - my wife and I shared a stomach virus several weeks ago that was horrid.   Hang in there @Birdie, it will all work out!!   Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I think many Christians end up with a false dichotomy.  If we didn't choose to be how we are, then something in our environment did it. Is going along with it a sin?  Maybe.  But if so, its one of those times where we mess something up no matter what we do.  Part of the imperfect nature of this fallen world is that there are times where we'll sin no matter what we do.  In a no-win scenario like that, we do the wisest thing possible with our free will. 
    • EasyE
      This is the crux of my anguish these many, many months (years!) and where I go back-and-forth with my own journey ... I was born a biological male. No denying that in my case. But I have a lot of internal feminine leanings and external ones, too. I prefer to wear women's clothes 100 percent of the time (if I could). I wish I had the female plumbing. I long for that badly sometimes. I don't know why or where that came from but no denying that either. I have started HRT because I like the idea of having a more feminine physical body and some of the "perks" that go with that. I just asked my doc to up my dose to the next level today!   So the big question I ask myself is: am I knowingly disobeying God, who likes order and made humans male and female, by taking these steps? This is my wife's take on things. "You are sinning. You know God made you a male biologically. Yet you are willfully pursuing transition to being something God didn't intend you to be regardless of what you feel inside, what your preferences are, etc."  I keep trying to tell her it's much more complex than that but sometimes I don't even know what I think...   This ties up in knots and makes me angry and makes me feel stuck!!! I don't want to disobey my Creator and Savior and yet I have this strong, strong leaning toward the feminine in many ways (that keeps getting stronger and refuses to go away no matter how much I have tried to stuff it away!!) ... It feels like misery no matter which path I take - if I "give in" to the feminine, which I have been doing a lot the past 12 months or so, am I endangering my soul? Am I creating scandal? Yet the thought of putting the feminine aside feels, at times, like death too (or is it just me being self-centered and unwilling to bend the knee to my Creator who would ask me to give this up as a testament to my love for him...   I don't know. I don't know. I don't know!! But sometimes I really really F***ing hate this quandary... 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      We use a ton of Harbor Freight stuff here.  They have pretty good warranty, too, I guess.  GF beats all heck out of sockets and things, and if she takes them back they get replaced for free.  Harbor Freight was junk 20 years ago, but its really good now.  Craftsman used to be good 20 years ago, but now its junk (but they still want to charge made-in-the-usa prices).  Dewalt is now Chinese also, when it used to be made in Germany.  Older Dewalt tools are good, but GF got a really bad hand injury a few years ago from a Chinese Dewalt drill bit that shattered.  Some of the name brands just aren't what they used to be. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Honestly, all the numbers are monkey math.  Doesn't matter who's in charge.  Trump kept crowing about the damn stock market, which didn't make a difference to normal people.  All the "job creation" is an illusion.  They consider it job creation when they take good full time jobs, and split them in half to "make" two part-time or temp jobs.  Not totally a Biden problem, as this has been going on for decades now.  Things *began* to get better under Trump.  A bit.  Maybe 8 years would have been better, but it wouldn't have fixed it.  Too much damage.    To me, Trump is a case of "too little, too late."  In my opinion, we need more - a true nationalist, with an aggressive and isolationist foreign policy.  And we needed him 50 years ago.  I want to see:   High import tariffs, a currency backed by precious metals, no more "climate" stuff and repudiation of all "accords" or other agreements, elimination of excess government agencies like the FBI and EPA, and total seizure of foreign-owned assets on US soil - with sale and disbursement of profits to our citizens.  And that would be a basic start.  Instead of "sanctions" to interrupt the trade of nations we don't like, Congress should instead issue letters-of-marque as described in the Constitution.  I'd like to see an alliance with Russia, and an end to nearly a century of useless conflict.    Trump won't do any of those things.  He's a sad, pale imitation of the leaders that founded our nation.     
    • KymmieL
      Well I got some terrible news today. My therapist is a doctoral intern at the VA. Her internship is ending the end of July. Normally interns just continue with the VA after their degree is done. However, VA has a hiring freeze on. So, I am going to loose one of the best therapists I have ever had. One that actually cares about me. I do have a few months till she leaves, Thankfully.   Other than that. my wife and youngest are both sick. Don't know if they got it worse that I had on Thurs/Friday. Or I am destine to get it too.   I've got tools that range from cheapy flea market stuff all the way up to high grade, Mac and Snap-on. Most have lasted me for quite a long time. I am diligently trying to keep my happy arse out or the Snap-on truck when he comes every Thurs. So far, I have resisted. But the temptation is there.   Kymmie
    • RaineOnYourParade
      IMO: If politicians stopped focusing on which bathrooms people were using and, you know, the actual issues of the country, maybe we could work on that 30+ trillion dollar debt of ours? Put more effort into international cooperation? Consider ways to improve education? Literally anything more productive than worrying about what's in some lady's pants you'll never meet?
    • VickySGV
      I have been thinking of this one a bit today since my first response here.  If you check out the relation that Peter had with Jesus and you can see that even Jesus was criticized for being who Jesus was by Peter.  In that relationship which I have come to think was more of a Chosen Family situation than genetic family,  Peter was telling Jesus who Peter thought Jesus should be. Especially when it came to Jesus being killed for what his true identity was.  Transgender is very much an issue of identity and not primarily about sexuality.  Sexuality is the BIG thing with certain religious groups and if you look at it, it is always about pro-creating kids into certain genealogies and making them new church members. 
    • Willow
      Good evening   @Adrianna Danielle wow 13 years out of a harbor freight tool.  That’s amazing, and lucky.  I read an article recently about how harbor freight does make inexpensive tools. It seems that some percentage of them are expected to fail in some manner.  However they are typically made with the same laborers  parts design as name brand high end tools.  If you get a good one it can last for a long time.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Needed,my 3/4 drive air impact is about to give out.Bought it from Harbor Freight 13 years ago and got my money out of it
    • MaeBe
      Happy anniversary @Willow!   Good luck, @Birdie!   Congratulations on the new gear @Adrianna Danielle!   My family is currently considering a big move. My wife applied for and received an offer for a job in WA. If all things are equal I am down for a change of scenery, but it’s not that simple. Much maths are about to happen…wish me luck! ;)
    • MaeBe
      Or they could live and let live and not clog the courts with games of roulette? To absolve the attempt based on a perceived chance of success is gambling in another guise.   Sure, it could all be marketing to gin up the base, but we see it constantly getting pushed at the local, State, and Federal levels. Don’t we want lawmakers focused on issues of import? Maybe we’re a distraction, but that means we become social targets. If we’re really just a side show game to them, they obviously don’t give a damn what the repercussions are for us; we’re just lambs for slaughter. So why support people or adjacent policies that do that to us? Why believe these jaguars won’t eat your face when they tell you that, if they can, they will?
    • Sorourke
      Thank you so much, hugs Stefi 
    • MaeBe
      Manufacturing jobs have increased by nearly 800k since Biden’s inauguration. Deficits and debt are up as well, which water down some of the positive metrics.  Given the fact we were coming out of a pandemic and then into a global economy affected by a Russian aggression and then a war in the Middle East, things wouldn’t be ideal. But we’re not on a gold standard anymore. Government budgets aren’t household budgets. Inflation was up but is coming down, which means that government spending isn’t uncontrolled.  Honest news media? Which news are we referring to? I recommend looking into Ground.news and their blind spot feature. It will show you, regardless of your leanings, what you’re not seeing in your typically consumed news.    MAGA is not about making America great again or otherwise. It’s a marketing cult for populist conservatism, aka the cult of Trump. America being great is not bad or a bad idea, but its choice as the moniker of the campaign is not-so-subtle political marketing. By default, no one wants to argue against the idea, however it creates a dichotomy where “the other side must not want (or is actively trying to destroy) it”. It’s an empty slogan because America was no greater during the Trump years and you can logically argue our global cache was diminished during his term, which was marked by sentiment of the US being a unilateral agitator. 
    • missyjo
      smiles I think I need to help him find a way to simply love others, regardless of identifying with them or understanding their journey..but I thought I recall stories of Jesus being asked which of 10 laws were greatest..n the answer being 1. God us God n have no other gods you worship..asking forgiveness to friends who practice religions with polydieties..but I think catholic say 1 god..n the 2nd rule is almost as important..love each other as I have loved you   maybe if I can focus him on we all believe God wants us to love n help each..maybe he'll forget the footnote he seems to be inserting, unless they are lgbt..then they go to hell...nerd   sorry probably too politically charged..delete if so with my apologies  hugs to all who want them
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.