• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dating in the heterosexual world

Tyler R

Hello fellow trans men I am here looking for any advice or tips on getting out there and dating straight women.

I am stealth so preferably no advice containing “come out right away”. Everyone has their own views and identity. My perspective is just a straight male.

(Im able to have stealth intercourse as well.)

Well thanks for your reply, Mary!

i guess its simple if I dont overthink it. I def take care of my body, I lift and am building lots of muscle. I keep a short well groomed beard and think i dress pretty well. 

• Forum Moderator

Being yourself is the best way to have a relationship where someone cares about YOU and not an image you put up. Sometimes that can take longer than playing games or dating strategies but in the long run works much better.

If you just want to go out without forming a relationship then you just follow the advice everywhere out there for straight men.

Funny thing for me is that in all my social relationships I've found the few where it was necessary to remain stealth to be a real burden. Self censoring all the time and all the parts of life you can't share wear after awhile. Plus the anxiety that it will come out and the person will feel betrayed and deceived. Something that will often end relationships immediately. Several times women have hit on me and I told them my history to be fair. In every case they thought it over. A couple of days at most. And went right back to hitting on me. Just some things to think about.

• 7 months later...

I don't understand being stealth in your relationships. How will you explain taking shots if you move in together?  Or share your childhood?  Will you keep them from your family if things become serious? Because your mom would def want to pull out photo albums and share your life as a child with them.  I just can't wrap my head around being stealth sorry.