• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

MI Supreme Court Returns Planet Fitness Case to Trial Court

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

The case would actually be more in favor of Trans Folk if it goes to trial and found that her actions were improper, but the way this sounds, if they pay her off it is really no patch on the company or Trans People.  They have hung it on contract rather than on tort.  It is not really a win situation for Trans, but not a loss either.

This will be interesting. The argument is being made that the gym should have clearly stated it's policy on bathroom usage by transgender people and that failure to do so is a violation of consumer law. This just reinforces trans as other and place us in a third category that few institutional systems support. I wonder if the trans woman involved had legally changed her gender or not?

Why even bring this to trial? She wants nothing but a change in contract wordage? I hope they side with pf again. Nice to know that pf is trans friendly though. I need to join a gym. ?

I'm sure she wants damages and to feel vindicated that her hostility had some (legally sanctioned) justification, too. 

I'll keep my thoughts on her character to myself. ?