• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not sure what I am.

Ashley1

Hi everybody. I’m new here and you can call me Ashley. Ever since I was 12 I had feelings and desires of being a woman. These feelings were off/on sometimes I’m satisfied being a guy. Others I wish I was a girl. I’m 30 years old now and I still get these feelings and they seem to be getting stronger. Any advice would help. 

hello. i have been in your shoes to. i did alot of research before i started my transition and talked to a few people here and a few i text with from here as well as one i have met from here. my best suggestion is to seek a transgender therapist and maybe find a transgender doctor as well. i actually started with my doctor first and am on hrt now but here very soon i will be seeing a terapist as well. hope this helps. Susan

Thanks Susan, I’ve been looking up therapists. Fortunately there are quite a few in my area. 

• Forum Moderator

Hello Ashley and welcome.  I'm glad to hear you're looking for a therapist.  I believe that is a good move.  That your feelings ebb and flow is natural, we've all been through this.  Yes they will get stronger as time goes on so deal with it now if you believe its in your best interest, which it seems to be.  I'm glad you found us and hope to see you around.

Cheers, 
Jani

Hello Ashley:

Welcome here.  It is good that you are asking.  We all have gone through the first part of questioning ourselves and weather or not it's right and natural or something else.  The only person who truly knows is you.  It is also good that you are looking for a therapist.  

There was a little fun test that my therapist did with me and no one needs to know and it is a easy test fun test.  For a week straight, go and wear only the female bottom underwear all the time.  No one needs to know and no one will know.  After a week go back to wearing the male underwear.  See what you prefer.  You will most likely have your answer.  You can keep everything a seceret if you are not out yet or still questioning.  You dont have to change anything.  and wearing the other underwear is just a fun little test that only you will know.

Lots of Love

Amy

• Forum Moderator

Hi Ashley,

Welcome.  Your are in good company.  I too have had feelings about of wanting to be a girl and being satisfied not being a girl for a long, long time.  A few months ago it came to a head and I finally sought out a therapist.  After a number of sessions, while we agreed I was TG, I decided I did not want to transition at least not now.  There are a lot of "simple" tests meant to explain to you your needs.  What works for you, what you really are is something only you can figure out with professional help.  The first place you need to seek help is an experienced TG therapist.  We can be your friends, and you will needs friends in the same situation, but we can't help you figure everything out.  Only you can do that and it sounds like you need professional help to understand your feelings and what they mean for you.

Good luck.  Stay here for support.  You are going to need it regardless of your choices.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

We can be your friends, and you will needs friends in the same situation, but we can't help you figure everything out.  Only you can do that...

Yes this is true.  All of it.  Remember we are here for you, whether you need to vent or ask advice.  

Jani 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 123 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Susie
    • KymmieL
    • Ivy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Bddk
      Bddk
      (28 years old)
    2. Belladonnakarapinskia
      Belladonnakarapinskia
    3. Breanne_O
      Breanne_O
    4. Danielle57
      Danielle57
    5. ferh.li
      ferh.li
      (20 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Biden campaigned as the master negotiator, able to push legislation through Congress.   Whatever bill a Dem president, a Dem Senate, and a Rep House can agree on might be  more palatable than a bill with a R president, R Senate and R House given present attitudes. They are throwing away a chance.
    • Ivy
      A bill like this would never get through congress, even if it were allowed to be voted on.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      It was the only appliance that was not replaced when I bought the house.Plus I have the phone number for the scrap metal hauling guy that stops at where I work at.Called him and it will be his once I get the new stove.Told me give me a call once it is out and he will come to pick it up
    • Avra
      Ha, that's funny - I swear this is the one I used to use in high school to get around school blockers and play games. 😅🤦‍♀️   Though I'd be wary of using a free VPN today, if your only intent is bypassing censorship, I guess it works. Proton VPN also has a free tier with a limited selection of countries/servers. I feel more comfortable recommending them as they actively try to fight censorship with new evolving VPN protocols, and they protect your privacy. They are also directly funded by their paying customers. So there is really no downside to using their free tier over another free VPN that may not have the same goals/values.
    • Avra
      That sounds pretty accurate. I'm just glad I don't use Windows anymore, as I basically consider Windows itself a virus/malware. Backups can absolutely save you from some types of malware like ransomware. However it's ideal to just not get infected by having smart browsing habits. It's been said, and very accurately so, that the best antivirus is you - even the best antivirus isn't 100% accurate in detecting bad stuff, if you go out looking for that stuff or browse carelessly.   I guess if you don't care and/or don't have sensitive data on your PC, then that's fine I suppose. I personally care a lot - personal accounts, private messages, and even my very presence on this site aren't necessarily things I want to be public knowledge. 🤓🫠
    • Ashley0616
      Yes he is. Sorry it has taken so long. One sick kid and the other has needed my attention more than usually. 
    • MaeBe
      Sure is! Is he good with the kiddos?
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Once again the Biden admin ignores Congress and issues a regulation that can be quickly changed. It would be much wiser if they worked a bill through Congress that became law.  
    • Ashley0616
      I think that is the camera on the floor. Of course the kids aren't picking up after themselves oh well. He sure is big for only being 6 months old. 
    • MaeBe
      Love the look! "What are you doing with that shiny thing!?"
    • Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
      @Birdie @Adrianna Danielle    @Willow    Big news today. We're moving to WA. My wife is taking a job and I am most likely losing mine, so it's adventure time. I'm supposed to be a risk-seeker (Aries, ENTP, etc.) but this is hitting every klaxon and alarm in my brain, but it's going to make my wife and kids happy and it will be a place to make new friends as me without the 45 years of binary baggage. There are tech jobs all over Seattle, which we'll be near, and it's a decent State for trans rights (I don't know how it compares to MN, which is a refuge state). So wish us luck! This could be the best thing ever or rocky as hell, who knows!
    • Ashley0616
      I know the feeling. I had to replace the dishwasher, fridge, stove. The only other issues that could pop up is the washer and dryer and the microwave oh I forgot the toaster. 
    • MaeBe
      That's the hard part of online relationships, they really never get to see the whole you. You either have to create a persona that will carry the day until they get to see you for who you are, or be open and take the risk because it's really easy for them to disconnect because there is little to no bond.   You have to share pictures of your puppy! I am not a dog person, but I can appreciate them in jpg format! My kiddos would love to have a pet, but we're all allergic in some shape or form and my wife and I are like, "no." :D
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry Birdie! I wished you could move to a non-stressful place.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.