• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shopping

Ashlee

Well, my oldest son is getting married tomorrow. I recently lost a lot of weight and had to but clothing for the event. I felt so uncomfortable actually shopping for guys clothing this time. It was very strange. Nothing looked "good" to me. I bought a new shirt, vest and tie but look "off". I cant really explain it but it felt and looked unnatural. I went to the womans section after and didn't feel nervous or anything looking at women's stuff. I looked through the clearance/sales items. I felt more comfortable there than in the mens section. I used to only wear girls jeans and shirts in my 20s and early 30s but only recently in the last few months. It was really nice actually just looking around and getting to shop for pretty things. Usually I'll just run through grab something that looks nice and hope for the best when I got home but not today. Nope. I held shirts up to myself and pants to my waist. Down to a size 8/9 depending on who makes them. I actually wear girls jeans and shirts most of the time now. I dont really wear makeup a lot, just a little mascara and tinted moisturizer most of the time. People never say anything.most of the people don't even look or notice me it seems,maybe thats why I wasn't nervous. Anyway, I'm just rambling on now. ust sharing. I was really excited.

• Forum Moderator

I think the issue of having to dress in ways that make us uncomfortable come up for many of us around weddings , funerals and other large celebrations.  This is especially true in early transition.  The last time i presented in male mode was at a memorial service for a dear relative.  I had transitioned at home and in my community but put on a suit and tie for the occasion.  My extended family didn't know and i didn't want to become the center of attention.  At this point many years have passed and i would go as myself.

You may well be in a position to only shop in the women's section soon.  By the way  8/9 is awesome.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Good luck at the wedding Ashlee. In the past these types of events would be GD triggers for me. I hope you can sail through this, and yes shopping in the ladies is far more enjoyable from my point of view. 

Hugs

C -

This early transitioning is stressful. I can't wait to just let people know. I know some are already very curious about me but are afraid to ask. Im planing on coming out for the new year. Im pretty scared though. I think Transpulse is great. Just being able to let out thoughts, feelings and photos without prejudice helps so much 

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations on the marriage of your son!  Yes early transition is stressful but you'll get beyond it.  Its sort of like a test because it can be uncomfortable.  You will be fine.

Jani 

Yes, it sure is stressful but I am more optimistic about the future than I ever have been. The wedding was so beautiful. I tried not to cry but oh well. I wasn't the only one lol. Thatk you! :)

I just went shopping with a friend yesterday and I felt so good inside. I was not nervous at all! We had a great time looking everything. I bought a few things to. I wore one today and felt so comfortable wearing it. If anyone want to see it. It is my profile pic now. I was finally able to upload a pic. Lol anyways, asked it will get easier and easier as time goes on. It is for me now. I don't mind telling anyone now. I am getting used to being myself for a change and don't care what anyone will say or think. I am me!! Susan

• Forum Moderator

I am glad things went well Ashlee, congratulations. I went though a similar occasion with my son. It was a fairly informal affair, with just close family. I had not met many of the 'in laws' though. I was under-dressed and did wonder if my bra showed, but I would be just as worried without it now, even though I dont't really need one. My stepson bought a new suit for the occasion and suggested  that I could. Why? lol. I would never wear it again (to be honest I don't think I have ever owned one anyway so it would really feel strange). The way I look at things is that I am just a cross dressing woman. It feels a bit odd but it happens occasionally

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, stbSusan said:

I am me!

Susan, no more stb (soon to be)? 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

You can send Dev a PM and she would be able to take care of it.   I didn't mean to push you to change.  OK? 

Jani