• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Piercing And Hrt

Guest Danielle4Life

Guest Danielle4Life

Hey all!

I have a question regarding a septum piercing. I have now been on Premarin for about 5 months now and no anti-androgens, but I wanted to know, since I just got my septum pierced today, will this interfere with the Hormone therapy? (Regarding blood clots, etc.?)

Guest Eagledancer

I think that the question would better be answered by your personal physician, but I will give you my take. Side effects of any medication (blood clots, etc.) are rarely dependent upon anything outside of health status, genetics, or chemical make-up. Getting a piercing should not cause any adverse effects. I will say that the best time to ask a question would be BEFORE you do something, but I am not any better at this then you...lol. Your biggest concern with piercings will always be infection, and that can come from you or the device used in the piercing. Just do the hygiene protocol religiously and report any problems to both the place that did the piercing and your doctor. I hope this helps. Godspeed...

Guest 1charlotte1

I'm sorry that this isn't helpful in anyway, but I saw the peircing subject so I feel like sharing some advice with the youngsters *clears throat* never get ur nips peirced, I had it done about three months ago and I still feel the sting! Lol buy if u do wanna get em peirced, if ur MTF like me then the added sensitivity to that area makes me feel a little more woman like!

Advisingly, Charlotte

Guest Nelly

Hi,

I have already pierced one nipple and I think to do the other one too. the effect of pierced nipples is a bigger size. So it deals with my wishes to be female. I would do it before HRT caused by increasing of sensation in the nipples.

But this thread is about septum piercing. It is the style of piercing bulls have. I like it and I also would do it with my nose. But I am not strange enough that it would fit to me. Maybe later on but I am not sure. I would be afraid about the espite collected by the piercing and i would play a lot with it and this is not good for the healing process.

Greetings

Nelly