• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Narrowed it down to a few names.

Amory

I have about three names that are at the top of my list, and there are different pros and cons to them. I like Elijah, and it's also similar to my birth name, so it might be easier for people to switch to, but I'm afriad that ppl will think that its weirdly biblical like Jebediah or something. August is closer to the top for me, but what's stopping me from picking that is because apparently it's a gender neutral name because some girls use it, and I don't like that. Also there's that why'd you name yourself after a month thing. Third is Austin, which is kind of an alternative to August, and it's a cool name. Downside would be it's not my first pick, but idk.

• Forum Moderator

Picking a name is a personal choice.  My wife actually picked mine and like my birth name i've grown to embrace it over time.  It's just me now.  I like the name Austin but again think about it for a bit and ask those who know you best.

Hugs,

Charlize

One thing to consider when choosing a name is that people are going to shorten it.  Can your chosen name be shortened easily, and do you like the shortened version.

Robin.

As the others have said, it's totally up to you! Ultimately my advice is just to imagine yourself responding to these names, and deciding which feels most natural. Which seems the most like you? Which, in short, is your true name?

If you really want opinions on the specific names you're thinking about, I'll give mine. Names are a passion of mine, so I do have opinions. Feel free to ignore them.

Elijah, though biblical, is a much more common name than your Jedediahs and your Hezekiahs, and much more attractive, to my way of thinking. I think Elijah is a fantastic name, but I have long loved biblical names, as most of my family, including myself, have them. 

I have always loved the name August. I briefly went by the French version of that name when I was learning that language many years ago. August is a slightly unusual name, but storied. It's a month, sure, but the name came first! And the adjective came even before the name. August, meaning respected and distinguished. Love it. It's a formidable name.

Austin is of course a very common name in the US, but that is not necessarily a point in its favor in my opinion. To me it has a very Texan vibe, which, again, is not necessarily a good thing for me. Still, it has a good sound, and it's young and modern, and won't stand out in a crowd. There is something to be said for a name like that!

If I had to choose between these three names for myself, I would choose Elijah. I think it's a beautiful name, and well-balanced between too common and too unusual. It's masculine but it's not aggressive. It speaks of things beyond this world. Great name.

Yeah, that really helps, thanks. I think that I'll ask people around me when I'm ready,  but for now, those are my two choices. But I just realized that the nickname to August might be Gus and idk about that. Elijah might be it, but I'm gonna wait.

Gus is likely, but I once knew an August whose nickname was Augie.

Elijah would probably become Eli, which I quite like.

• Forum Moderator

I know an Elijah that attends one of the support groups I go to.  Good name. 

Jani

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 175 Guests (See full list)

• LucyF
    • MaryEllen
    • Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ArtavikenGenderflui
    Newest Member
    ArtavikenGenderflui

1. afraid of self
      afraid of self
    2. Chaidoesart
      Chaidoesart
      (14 years old)
    3. Faith57
      Faith57
    4. Joyce Ann
      Joyce Ann
      (70 years old)
    5. Kelly21121
      Kelly21121
      (56 years old)
    • Heather Shay
      Elections for KCPA today I am worried.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • VickySGV
      As we said in the 1960's "Wipe out"!!
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://beachgrit.com/2024/04/tolerance-on-the-ropes-as-transgender-surfer-refused-entry-into-womens-division-of-longboard-contest/     Same old same old.  How will the Cis-girl surfers feel about trans men participating in their events, I wonder?   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/04/russian-poetry-competition-bans-transgender-applicants/     Everyone in Russia knows that Putin hates LGBT people, so every segment of society gets on board with the Leader's viewpoint, or they risk his wrath.  Sounds a lot like Florida, doesn't it?   Carolyn Marie
    • RaineOnYourParade
      happy trans birthday! I can't speak personally on the subject, but I hope hormones bring you the changes you're looking for <3 
    • MaeBe
      That’s super healthy, to see that something that becomes common has less effect on you and that you are able to decipher these feelings.   Sadly, this trend tends to only deaden good feelings as we tend not to let bad feelings attenuate the same way.   I have noticed less euphoria, but still feel the dysphorias that I have. Sometimes the good sneaks in and reminds me, but often time it’s just me seeing myself in the mirror and being comfortable about what I see when embracing my realized self. I may not get the same buzz I once did, but I don’t feel incongruous when looking at a more “drab” reflection.    Wishing you strength, you are amazing!
    • KayC
      Congratulations! and Happy Trans Birthday @LittleSam! That is such a BIG milestone.  I can still remember walking out of my clinic with my first HRT presciption.  I was on Cloud-9.  Wishing you all the best in the start of your new Journey!
    • missyjo
      maebe thank you I try to be. I thank God for blessings, try to share them, beg forgiveness for my shortcomings n vow to try to do better...2 priests have said no, God doesn't condemn you just for being trans...but apparently evangelicals do   I shall vtry dear thank you  
    • MaeBe
      Meet him at the being good to others part of Christianity. At the heart of it, there are excellent tenets of the faith. Those that condemn are judging, Jesus would have us be selfless; stone casting and all that. Are you a good person? Are you putting good into the world? If your gender is an issue for God, let God judge. In the mortal realm, let your actions be heard. 
    • missyjo
      and just fi sweeten it..I'm catholic n he hasn't been for years..he's evangelical..whatever that is
    • MaeBe
      Let’s stick to cite-able fact. Most of my posts have been directly in relation to LGBTQ+ rights as it pertains to P2025 and I have drawn direct links between people, their quotes, and their agenda. I have made reference to the cronyism that P2025 would entail as well, by gutting, not cutting, broad swathes of government and replacing it with “conservative warriors” (I can get you the direct quote, but rest assured it’s a quote). All this does is constantly force the cogs to be refitted, not their movement. To say that agencies have directly defied a President is a bit much, the EPA did what Trump told them to do at the direct harm to the environment, the department of agriculture did the same by enacting the administrations forced move to KC which decimated the USDA.      How about Betsy DeVoss for Education? Or Bannon for anything? What about the revolving Chief of Staff position that Trump couldn’t stay filled? Or the Postmaster General, who did much to make the USPS worse?   Let’s not mix politics with racism, sexism, or any other ism. Because Trump made mainly white, male, appointments—many of them not, arguably, people fit for service—or unwilling to commit to term. I can argue this because, again, he’s up for election and will do what he did before (and more of the same, his words).   Please delineate how the selected diversity appointments have negatively affected the US, other than being black, women, or queer? Representation matters and America benefits when its people are inspired and empowered.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.