• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does my wife know?

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Lately I have been noticing some different thinks my wife has been saying.  She had known of my preferred clothing for quite some time. Underwear the longest but lately it has been jeans etc. One weird thing happened the same day I came out to my counselor. at the time we where expecting a granddaughter. Before my appointment I had stopped by the Harley dealer I saw this cute pink onsie. Once I got home I told my wife about it. She said, I'll leave that up to you as you have more fashion sense that me.

Recently my mom has been doing some research on the family of her birth mother. She traced it back to find out I am related to King Henry the 5th. So I am royalty. ? Of course my mom told my wife to not let it go to my head. now all bow before the queen.LOL 

So yesterday she was taking off to drop my son off to pick up his truck that got worked on. She was teasing me about only doing my dishes the previous night. I told her that I did my dishes like you said. I didn't even say anything about being royalty.  but my wife commented, remember queen don't let it go to your head.

Earlier just as I got home from work, She was cleaning off the kitchen table.To clear space for people to eat. As my son, his girlfriend and our grandson are visiting this weekend. I am wondering if she found the work sheet my LGBTQ counselor gave me, for help in coming out to her. It was still folded and possibly in the same place I put it yesterday when I clean out my pockets. I picked it up and put it a note book I keep info in by my computer.

He attitude hasn't changed towards me. maybe a coincidence or does she now.

Kymmie

I don’t think she knows any more than before. The queen comment is meant more that you’re a pain in my ass than having to do with gender. And idk about you per say, but I have always had a better sense of fashion than my wife. Heck than most of the women in my life. 

I think more than anything this tells me that you are aching to spill your proverbial beans to her though. You’re hoping that she finds out on her own. This way you don’t have to bring it up? Just my observation and I may be totally wrong, but I could remember thinking that way with ex girlfriends. Or people in general. But I will say that you’ll gain a lot more respect bringing it up on your own and having a solid stance on your feelings and reasons for it rather than being “caught”. Being caught is like if you lie to someone and they find out on their own. I’m sure you told your kids a thousand times the reprocussions will be less severe if you’re just honest and up front before I find out what you’re up to. Same rules apply to some extent I think. 

Also I found through my coming out process a good portion of my people had a pretty good idea already that I was trans. 

Good luck with figuring out how to get there. Sounds like you’re close. ?

Kirsten

• Forum Moderator

Kirsten,

Yeah, you are correct in getting close. I am working with my counselor to figure out how. the when will not be Friday, as it is my 33rd anniversary. With my son and his family here. wouldn't be a good time. 

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

First, Congratulations on your anniversary!  I'm at 43.  

Don't leave your notes around unless you want to have to do some explaining!   As Kirsten notes, you want to do it on your terms and time table.   I don't think your wife is any wiser despite the comments.  Mine called me "Suzy Homemaker" for years since I was more fussy about cleaning, cooking and house cleaning than she.  My fashion sense is a bit more in tune than hers too (IIHO)!

Jani