• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting to wear my old girl clothes around the house

SydneyAngel

It was a little awkward with my girlfriend because she has never seen me before even though she knew i was living as a girl a few years back. I dont think she is doing well with it.  I feel bad but im not sure what i can do for her other than just telling her this is what i need to do to be happy. My mom just said "what the hell are you wearing " because she is just mean. I feel like im causing them pain when all im trying to do is live my life the way i feel i need to so i can be happy. Can anyone relate  ? 

I can totally relate to what you are going through. I have come to realize that I did hurt my sister and at least two of my four kids. This, of course was not intentional, but I hurt them just the same. I wrote a three page letter to my youngest daughter, since she won't talk to me at all. In it I tried to touch on issues that I thought she might be having, such as the fear of losing her father, her religious views and when i found out that she "doesn't agree with my choices" I added that it wasn't a "choice" but rather a need to release the feelings that I had bottled up for most of my life. I am hoping that the letter will help her to heal, since she too is transitioning in her own way. The letter helped me realize some things about myself that I was unaware of myself and things that I have never been able to articulate. 

Sorry about rambling on, but I guess that is the "Chatty Cathy" in me coming out.?

Brandi

• Forum Moderator

Yes Sydneyblue, I can relate.  Although my mother only confronted me once as an teenager about my crossdressing after finding some ladies workout clothes in my gym bag, she never talked about it again.  I lied & told her they were my girlfriends.  I knew she didn't believe me but at least she never brought it up to me while living at home.  I'm not sure if life would've been any easier if we had talked about it.  She likely would have reacted the same way you're mom did.  

We all need to do what we think is right for us as far as who we want to be.

SusanMtF

• 1 month later...

Yes I can sure relate. My wife comes and goes with her feelings about this. One day she's all happy and helps me with clothes and helps with my outfits... she even buys me things... Then out of no where ... she gets mad ,crys and tells me she can't accept me wanting to be a woman. We are in counseling. . I pray it gets better. I don't want to lose her. As for my kids ... well i haven't gotten that far. Hang in there and stay strong and true to yourself.☺