• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not me in the mirror

typeox1jo

Well I definately can relate about "What am I"  cause I basically am trying to figure out

WHY i look so different than I feel,, but I'm trying to fix that as best as I can..

Anyone else look in the mirror and don't see YOU yet??

Well I hear ya.. be more loving to you.. thats a very good point MaryMary.. Canada? Ive got a friend from there! very cool...

AND Rush Is from Canada!! Yea! my group.. from Toronto

• Forum Moderator

I have always had trouble seeing ME as I envision ME.  No matter how much makeup I apply, I can always see the masculine features first.  Sadly, the only way to NOT see these features is to slightly blur my eyes while looking in the mirror or stand back 10 feet from the mirror which is less effective.

• Forum Moderator

Why you look different than you feel is because we "see" the optimal version of ourselves in our minds I guess.  it is human nature to they to be positive.  Keep working on it and you will see the right person sooner or later.  I no longer see the person I was.  I'm not the most fem woman but I see her and that's all that matters. 

Jani

I have thankfully reached a stage where I can catch a glimpse of my real self on occasions. 

When you feel like yourself, your facial expressions reflect that, and the genuine personality shows through.

Robin.

That’s a tough thing to see. I see me more than I see a female. But I am starting to see me as a female a bit. I think more than that is I see myself as female with my body movement and how I carry myself. But that mirror. She’s a tough one to crack. 

59 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

That’s a tough thing to see. I see me more than I see a female. But I am starting to see me as a female a bit. I think more than that is I see myself as female with my body movement and how I carry myself. But that mirror. She’s a tough one to crack. 

Just you wait. Around the year mark I bet you you’ll have to struggle to see the guy in the mirror.

That said there are still moments where I experienced dysphoria. The mirror is a harsh mistress at times.