• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello :)

Gwynivere0819

Hello everybody, my name is Gwyn and i am MtF. I recently came out to some close friends and one of my favorite teachers and am currently trying to find the courage to tell my parents. I enjoy playing video games and reading (fantasy romance most of the time). I came to this site to find a group of people like me who know what im going through and can possibly provide help or assurance. Im have suspected for the past 4 or so years but only came out to myself around 2 months ago. Sorry for the short post but I just wanted to say hello :). *hugs* to all the people like me and otherwise. Have a great morning, afternoon or evening depending on when u read this.

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Gwynivere!  It's nice to meet you.  It's good you're feeling confident enough to come out to a few trusted friends and teachers.  You might want to read some posts in the Coming Out forum before deciding whether to tell your parents.  It could work out great, but if it doesn't, you could be in for a rough time.  Best to think it through carefully first.

Let us know how we can help, hon.  We'll be here for you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hello Gwyn, nice to meet you.  I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.  It's nice to have people in your life online and real life that stand by you no matter what.

You have a long journey ahead if you decide to move forward on your transition.  It could be very helpful to have the support of your parents but of course, that can sometimes backfire.  Like Carolyn Marie mentioned...be cautious, especially if you depend on your parents for financial support.

You might see if there's a local Trans group you can get some support.  Also, you might check out our Discord live chat channels.  Some of the people here hang out there on occasion.  Thanks for sharing you story.  Hope to hear more.

Susan R?

I know that my parents would be supportive and acceptive, im just waiting until the right moment to tell them. I had this conversation a few years ago ans they said it was probably a phase but if I continuea to feel this way that they would love and support me no matter what.

• Forum Moderator

Gwyn, you have some wonderful parents.  Imagine how many TG members here would be in a better place right now if they had parents that were half as understanding and accepting as yours.  You sound like your in a very good place right now.  Once this coming out to your parents is done,  maybe you'll find a good gender therapist in your area that can help sort through a lot of other issues you may face on your journey.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Hi Gwyn,

Welcome to TransPulse. I'm glad you found us!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

I went to my school counselor today and he was extremely helpful and he helped me understand just how importabt it is to tell my parents. Im still scared but i think im definetely less scared to tell them now. Ill let you guys all know how that goes :).Thanks for all the help and support *hugs*.

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad to hear you spoke with your counselor and things are a bit clearer for you.  You'll do fine!  

Hugs, Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi Gwyn,  Welcome.  We are all different and yet all the same here.  It is important that you talk to people that can and will support you in your journey.  

I agree that you should find a way to talk to your parents sooner rather than later.  In my opinion it is better that they hear from you than find out some other way.  Since you already talked about this with them once, you should know that they will stand with you.  

Whether they believe it is a phase and you believe differently, I think your first step after talking to your parents should be to find a good counselor or therapist that you can work with.  They can help you with your dysphoria and help with your parents.

It can be a long and stressful journey and having a support group in place is a good thing.  You already have that.

Keep talking to us and reading about our issues and solutions.  

Willow

Hey everybody thx for the answers, I think i need to tell my parents soon. I just had the worst anxiety attack of my life and it took alot out of me. I know when i tell them it will get easier.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Gwyn.  Glad to hear you have supportive parents.  That will make life much easier.  I might suggest that when you talk to them you suggest talking to a gender therapist to help you with gender issues.  My therapist helped me as well as those who love me.  I think some of my early anxiety was due to some of my own acceptance issues.

Hugs,

Charlize