• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello from Kelsey

kelseyn

Hello,I am Kelsey and I am transgendered.I knew I was struggling with something in my life and was in the closet about it for a long time.It was back in October after I turned 40,came out finally.I always felt like a woman trapped in a man's body.It has been a struggle and little support.Have my brother and sister for support including my female friends.My parents,they are struggling with it and been giving them time to think about it.My male friends,feel they lost a friend.Seperated from my wife and looks like we are going to divorce next year.I am seeing a therapist whom diagnosed me with gender dysphoria and excited about next month.I decided to transition and start on the estrogen and male hormone blockers next month.I live and dress as female now living a better life

• Forum Moderator

Hello Kelsey,  it is a pleasure to meet you.  I have to congratulate you on what you have accomplished for yourself.  I am so impressed.  I know it hasn't been a bowl of cherries but what you've been able to do inspires me.  You're so brave to look at your situation and take it on straight away and continue to plow forward through all the pain.  I hope I can muster even a portion of your resolve when it's time for me to come out to the rest of my family.

I encourage you to post more about yourself.  I'd really enjoy hearing more about your journey.  On a related note..TransPulse has a live chat through Discord.  There are a bunch of us there in the MtF channel.  If you have a chance, check it out sometime.

Welcome to our home away from home,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Hello Kelsey!  You're certainly not alone.  I'm sorry to hear about your marriage but it sounds like you have some family support.  Your parents will hopefully come around.   My dad struggles but he accepts me.   Best of luck on seeing your  therapist and soon starting HRT.  Please join in the conversation.  

Cheers, Jani

Thanks,my brother and sister knew there was something wrong with me.Seeing how I see myself as was it.My parents and I still talk,slowly adjusting to the changes.My brother and sister,they call me Kelsey using the pronouns she and her now.Sister has been a great help,helped me pick out my new wardrobe and shoe.Getting used to walking in heels working up now up to 3 inch heels.My goal is 4 or 5 inch heels

Work,it has been positive so far and the changes have been great.New ID card saying Kelsey and I do get to use the women's restroom now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
27 minutes ago, My name isn’t Megan said:

How do I join the discord? I’d really like a place for live chat. 

Go to the Live Chat on the top tool bar of the index page and go to the  page.    Go slow and careful and you will be able to register on it.  You can use your same screen name and PW over there as well.  Be ready for a quick interview with a mod over there who will mostly just help you to get started.

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Kelsey.  Sorry to hear about your marriage.  It happens far too often when married trans folk come out.  But I''m glad you're happy now and living the life you've dreamed of.  There are many here who started later than we wanted, but you have many years yet to experience the joys of womanhood.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, My name isn’t Megan said:

How do I join the discord? I’d really like a place for live chat.

Once you're all set up Megan, pop on into the MtF channel.  There might be some of us on talking but if there isn't, just say something like "Hi, I'm new to Discord is anyone on?" And I'm sure you'll see a few of us joining in.  Hope to see you there.

Susan R?