• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

FFS Consultation

Raven1981

Hello All:

So I just want to share that I have called the doctor in U.S. PHX AZ today to schedule just a consultation regarding M2F FFS.  Want to ask questions and find out how much and see what they want to do vers. what I would like to do.  My appointment is Monday January 28th 2019 and I need to do a facial X-Ray as well to have it looked at and can go over.  The doctor that I am going to is 1 of 9 in the US that specializes in the Trans community surgeries and is very well.  Alot of the girls in my support group have gone to the doctor for FFS and GCS.  So I know that I am going to a grate doctor to go see.  Especially that the doctor is 1 of 9 throughout the US that alot of Trans individuals go to see and have work done.  Cannot Wait.

Lots of Love

Amy

• Admin

That's great Amy.  I wish you luck.  If I were younger I would have strongly considered FFS.  If its something you want and can afford (or have insurance for) I think its a great thing to do.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

4 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

That's great Amy.  I wish you luck.  If I were younger I would have strongly considered FFS.  If its something you want and can afford (or have insurance for) I think its a great thing to do.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Thank You Carolyn.  I am happy and excited for FFS.  I have thought about the only surgeries I have been interested in are FFS and GCS.  The 2x big expensive ones.  But I am glad that I work in a job where I do have good insurance.

Cannot wait to talk to the doctor and get my questions answered and what I would like to do and see what the doctor can do after looking at the X-ray and seeing what the damage on the amount will be.

Lots of Love

Amy

Amy,

Congrats on scheduling such a big step.  I have always wondered if those doctors can generate a picture of how your face might look after the surgery?

Take care,

Jane.

Thank you everyone.  I figured that I have been on Hormones for 1 year now and the doctor that I am going to see is very well known and many Trans individuals go to see him from other states to come to PHX so he has anywhere from a year to 2 year wait list.  So I figured, let me go do a consultation with the doctor and be put on the long wait list where I will then have time to continue to live my true self, continue on hormones and see what other surprises I will see and then even with got insurance that I have will probably have to pay something, so I can start to also save up.  Figured, that there is nothing wrong with going on the wait list and then I can continue to be myself.

Lots of Love

Amy 

• 1 month later...

Hello All:

So my day is coming up for my FFS consultation and I am so excited.  It will help to shape my face with my bone structure for a more feminine shape face.  I am going to be happier when my face matches with my body to really be me.

My breast are a B cup but I get a little help from my T-Shirt bras from VS and I have been using breast enhancers now instead of my breast foams.  Wish for a C cup but a B is fine since I can use enhancers and for myself with my height and body style, a B cup / C cup is a good size and comfortable without doing harm.

But the FFS consultation will help me out to male my face be the same as my body and with me working on my stomach area for weight loss.  This will help me with my dysphoria for now.  It's that dreaded birth defect that will be the big cause.

But cannot wait