• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ftm haircut

AlexF

It's tricky to get a male haircut these days. As a rule of thumb, you shouldn't go to a shop that calls itself hairdresser. If anybody knows how to do a male haircut, it's barbers. Personally I've given up on those as well and I've bought a clipper. Typical male haircuts are astonishingly simple - short at the sides and back of the head and depending on personal choice either short on top as well or a bit longer on top. The most important thing is to get the neckline right. It just doesn't look presentable if it's wonky.

If you want some inspiration, here is a website that shows examples of very common haircuts at different lengths.

As for untameable - my hair is very curly too and I've found that it typically doesn't show much when I keep the hair short enough. Especially the sides can be messy if they are not short enough. Any of the haircuts shown on the site I've linked should be very easy to handle.

• Forum Moderator

That's good advice from Terry.  I wound add anything that is shorter will do it.  

Jani

Men are also generally less likely to have their hair coloured, so keeping to your natural colour will help you to look more masculine.

Robin.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, Terry said:

As for untameable - my hair is very curly too and I've found that it typically doesn't show much when I keep the hair short enough.

This.  My hair is a 'fro mess when it's longer than 2".  I get it done with a #1 at the sides and the back and a taper to a #3 on top.  I'm a cheap bastard so I do Supercuts and the like, and I like to be able to just tell the stylist the number.  That takes a lot of subjectivity out of it.