• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dealing with "waves" of Confusion

Mia_mhtb

Hi, Im a teenager born male, and for the past couple of years at least Ive had some question of my gender. The weird thing is, sometimes I have moments of REALLY wanting to be a biological female, and percieved as one  while other times Im happy presenting as a male. Sometimes i feel off when people refer to me as he, but thats really only when the topic is on my mind. I dont think Im a/bigender or fluid, but i dont know what to make of sometimes wanting to transition and be a girl. Also, i think my moments of dysphoria have, at times, been related to sexual thoughts. The ABSOLUTE last thing i want is to sexualize trans people.  Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you come to a solution?

• Admin

This is very common, the whole package fits the majority of us when we were your age.  I have learned and found studies that verify what I see, and that is simply that you are in some way Trans, since Cis (non-trans) people never have the feelings and questions that you do.  You are there with us for realizing that it is not just the onset of puberty when sex can become a central topic in our lives.  Trans people do span the whole spectrum of sexual attraction including Asexual so your realization about yourself is fine,  Coming to a solution for your life is going to require getting in touch with a licensed Behavioral Health person who is skilled in Gender Therapy and having you focus in on what your gender feelings really are and to make a long running plan on how to reach your own ultimate goals.  There is nothing to be ashamed of in having your feelings and the ones who deny that Trans People exist are willfully ignorant of things we know today..  As said, there are medical professionals who know us and know how to help us;