• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trans Woman Shot In Houston

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/2019/01/transgender-woman-shot-in-houston/

TRIGGER ALERT - Article contains an embedded video of the shooting from a surveillance camera.

I'm not certain if the victim survived or not.  I haven't found a follow-up story.  Either way, this is horrific.

Carolyn Marie

If they don’t release the condition of the victim then there’s a good chance that she survived and they don’t want a follow up shooting. I hope she pulled through and can identify the man who did it. It’s people like him that need to see a punishment that fits the crime.

• Admin

One of the things I easily saw when I was compiling a list of violence statistics for a presentation I made back in November was that here in the U.S., guns are the most used tool of violence against Trans Women.  In other countries, Brazil being ahead of the U.S. in sheer numbers other grisly means of execution lead the way.

Just now, Josie Beth said:

If they don’t release the condition of the victim then there’s a good chance that she survived

This has been my experience over the years, and Monica Roberts, who is quoted as providing the name of the  woman is an excellent reporter for the Black Trans Community, so we may get other details as this goes along.  I am not surprised at the Houston Chronicle for making a bunch of <poop> out of the reporting.  

• Forum Moderator

Wow, five shots.  Sounds personal. I hope she makes it. What a terrible tragedy.

God bless her. This breaks my heart. I hope she survives. Safety is my biggest fear. My mom was talking about the fear she has for my safety in the town I live in just yesterday.