• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Body type

Josie Beth

I’m a little self conscious about my body, mainly because it’s still somewhat masculine, however I realized today that I have a similar bone structure to Amanda Righetti, proportions and height. She even wears the same size shoes! So it’s not so far fetched to think that eventually my figure will be comparable, given a little time with hormones. Has anyone else found similar encouragement?

• Forum Moderator

I think we need to be careful about fixating on a "perfect" body type, as I don't know if there is one!   What you've found is there are many others like us in body type.  The only compatibility issue i've found was in my head, not with my body.  I focus on people watching no matter where I am.  The variety is mind boggling! 

Good for you Josie!  

6 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

I’m a little self conscious about my body

When I first transitioned, I was really self conscious about my body image and appearance. HRT can't change bone structure, but the redistribution of fat and loss of muscle does have a feminizing effect. The longer I've been out as myself, the less self conscious I've become. Wardrobe choices can address most body type concerns. Don't let anything hold you back.