• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

my first therapy appt:

paige_40s

So I had my first session with a gender therapist and although I was so nervous to go I was quickly put at ease. She is a part of the lgbtq community and was very supportive and knows what it is like to have the struggles we all face. I told her that I wasn't thinking about any srs surgeries atm that I was more interested in hrt treatment hoping that would help me to feel more insync with who I am and how I feel. She has other clients that she see's that are already transitioning one way or another! I am looking forward to my next session!

• Forum Moderator

Hi Paige, sounds like a very nice start.  I'm glad you feel good about your appointment  and comfortable with your therapist as well.  This is a big milestone in your transition.  Good for you! ?

Best Regards,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Very nice!  I'm happy you were at ease and look forward to continuing meeting with her.  

Cheers, 
Jani

Hello Paige.  That is awesome on your first therapy appt.  It does always feel wonderful to go and just talk to someone.  I still see my therapist and have been on HRT for over a year now and therapist are just wonderful to talk to.

Way to go

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 87 Guests (See full list)

• Betty K
    • Justine76
    • Petra Jane
    • April Marie
    • Ashley0616
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Lorelei
    • Karen Carey
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Ladypcnj
    Newest Member
    Ladypcnj

1. AlanaTG
      AlanaTG
    2. Alicia
      Alicia
      (35 years old)
    3. brianna051
      brianna051
      (39 years old)
    4. canofworms
      canofworms
    5. delmori
      delmori
    • April Marie
      Welcome to TGP forums!! You'll find lots of information and resources as well as wonderful people. Jump in where you're comfortable!!
    • April Marie
      Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story. We are each unique but still have much in common. I think you'll find info, ideas and acceptance here. Ask questions, read the thread and jump in where you are comfortable. There is no pressure here to share any more than you want, when you want.     I'm glad you found us.
    • Petra Jane
      No idea, so far as I know, if you visit using one of the spammers favourite VPN IPs, you shouldn’t be able to access the forums.
    • Ashley0616
      @Adrianna DanielleI'm sorry I was raped too so I know the feeling.
    • Ivy
      I hear you. My therapist moved to another job at the VA.  I liked her a lot and was very comfortable with her. Now I have an appointment with a new one, but not till June.  I asked for the first one to be in person.  I think I'll be able to see what she's like better that way.
    • Betty K
      Hi Mealaini (what a beautiful name),   I applaud this attitude; I think that is such a healthy way to look at your situation. I have an ex-wife (who also has a beautiful Gaelic name) and we are such great friends now, having broken up, that we both agree our relationship has never been so healthy. She has found a man she loves; I don’t know if they will last indefinitely but I like him and he likes me and there are no hard feelings between any of us.  Anyway welcome, and thank you for sharing your story. I have been thinking of trying EMDR myself so it’s good to hear a success story.
    • Ivy
      I was in the field artillery in the early 70's.  At times we had to hump ammo.  A projo weighed around 200lbs.  There were very few women, they seemed to be mostly in the medical roles.  I suppose if you were openly trans, you'd have been kicked out for being gay. But I suppose things are a lot different now.  There are more technical jobs for one thing.  One of my daughters was in the Air Force for a number of years.  Started as an "airman", and came out as a captain (nurse).
    • Chanie
      Reading your post, I need to comment I have breast forms and sometimes get a chance to wear them to bed. But wearing my lingerie they always fall out so I wear a more full coverage bra to bed so they stay where they are meant to!
    • Ivy
      That's horrible
    • Ladypcnj
      This would be a nice place to start by introducing myself to everyone, I already graduated from high school, and some college. I played the piano when I was younger, and I played in some bands. I used to take walks along the sandy beach, while collecting rocks and seashells along my way, I guess that would be the mermaid side of me.  I like fashion clothes shopping, and spending time with my close friends and family. I'm an online administrator from my own website in the community, and group facilitator in the lgbtqai+ community. It's nice to meet new friends here, and whatever help I can be I'm here for you.
    • Mirrabooka
      Very simple tonight. My wife and I devoured 1kg of honey & soy marinated chicken wings!
    • Mirrabooka
      Same here. Shaving my legs would be the natural next step for me, but my wife is also disapproving of it and I'm not really desperate enough to force the issue. What does give me hope is the thought that if I did shave them, my wife might actually like it, especially during times of intimacy, and she might then demand that I keep my legs clean shaven after that! I guess it's a bit of a fantasy. She has accepted that I will shave them one day just for an experiment, so we'll see what happens after that.   In the past, I've thought about what might appear to be selfishness too and came to the conclusion that I'm not. Rather, I'm non-committal, and I am that way because of my comparative lack of illness-inducing dysphoria. Nothing about me needs fixing, so there is nothing preventing me from continuing to have the best of both worlds either. It's apparent that we are dealing with a similar issue in different ways though. The main difference between us, I think, is that I am the simultaneous type of bi-gender (if indeed that's what I am), and I deal with it by presenting myself a bit androgynously, rather than either/or.   @Sally Stone, aspects of your story are eerily common to my journey. I can hardly wait for the next instalment!       
    • Ladypcnj
      I had purchased an antivirus software with my credit card that comes with VPN protection, and I also get the same problem, but a little differently when certain web browsers, pop up message suggesting for me to turn it off? why am I paying for a service but only to turn it off?
    • KymmieL
      Well my wife's mind hasn't changed. As she shared an anti-trans post on facebook yesterday. I just hope she still ok with me.   Decided that starting in June I am going to do in-person appointments with my therapist. I don't have to, I just want to. If asked why at work. It is to work with both the out going and incoming therapist.   Strange how someone can become so much an important person in your life in such a short time.    Hugs, Kymmie
    • Ashley0616
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.