• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Doubts and stupidity

Hellothere

Is it normal to have doubts? Ive been caught up on life and things have beensobusy, i havent thought to deep into everything. Ive been doubting. Am i right? I dont know. Did i cause a big rukus in my house over a phase that I misinterpreted? Do the doubts ever leave or what? I liked being sure but now im not. Ive been sure for so long its bothersome not to be.

• Admin

Many of us had doubts, at least at first.  I wanted to be a girl nearly as far back as I can remember, and didn't seriously look into transition until my 50's.  Yet, I was still unsure and conflicted when I first saw my G.T.  I asked her, "Am I just in love with the idea of being trans, or am I really trans?  Am I a fraud?"  She assured me I was not a fraud.  So yes, many of us have our doubts at first.  Of course, some never doubt it for a second, and are incensed at the mere idea of needing a therapist to confirm what they know to be true.  But we are not all blessed with such certainty.

You will know, one way or another, in the long run.  Learn, ask, consider, ponder, question (everything).  You'll get there.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

I think unsureties come when we automatically try to compare our actions with society in general. As society is binary in general nature and defined from birth things are always problematic.

My advice is to follow your intuition, and seek professional advice if things are getting too much.

Tracy