• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello Everyone

Anyatimenow

Hello! I just recently joined this forum and this is the first forum I have joined. I have recently told a few friends and my mother that I am transgender (a transwoman). While my friends are supportive, my mom seemed supportive but then tried to invalidate my feelings of who I am. Coming out to myself has helped make me so much happier and I would like to do more and transition, but I do not think that my parents would be supportive. I live in Utah which is a very religious and conservative state. I do want to transition but many people I know will most likely not support me and it is hard for me to make friends because of my social anxiety. I really just wanted to introduce myself to this forum so that I can become part of a supportive community and find friends. Thank you for reading this! ❤️

• Forum Moderator

Welcome!!  I think even in Utah you will be able to find kindred souls.  Don't let others invalidate you.  They can think as they wish but you are who you are and this is not up for debate.   I would search for and reach out to the local LGBT community.  If at all possible (you don't say how old you are) look for a gender therapist to speak with.  It will help you move forward.   Pleas join in!

Cheers, Jani

Thank you so much Jani! I have been doing that and will keep looking. I actually found this while looking. Also, I am 17 turning 18 later this month. (Sorry I forgot this). 

• Admin

Welcome to the Forums.  You have had time to think about being Trans and your mother just got hit on the head with it so she is a bit behind. 

Have a look at this link to maybe get something started even if they are not in your town.  https://www.utahpridecenter.org/

• Forum Moderator

Welcome to Trans Pulse.

You are certainly not alone here or in your home state..

Hugs,

Charlize