• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Trans Women Aren’t Told About Bottom Surgery

VickySGV

• Forum Moderator

Yes this was a well written and informative article.  Frank but not to much.  Should be required reading.

I do agree with what's written under the heading "It's disgusting."  I couldn't look for two weeks, weak stomach that I have.  Although I do recall thinking about the line from "Hedwig and the Angry Inch," "it's my first day as a woman and its that time of the month!"  I said to myself, this is real!

Jani 

• Admin

I didn't have, and won't be having, GCS.  But I still found the article fascinating and well written.  It will certainly help me help other trans women on these boards who have questions and concerns.  Thanks for posting it, Vicky.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin
25 minutes ago, MaryMary said:

that's a thing this topic reminded me of :

1. We don't talk enough about GCS

We have a lot of that on here. but it all dates back some time and may be a little hard to find if it is archived.  When I had been here about 18 months there were about 8 of us in line for GCS and we did have some good discussions, and one or two that did get messed up a bit by some people who "knew it all" and waylaid the conversations, but they are still here.  Another thing is that attitudes toward having GCS have changed for a  while and we had folks who were not looking at having the surgery for a while.  I will not recommend that a person go for surgery or tell them they are not Trans if they do not want surgery and above all else the decision to have any surgery must be their own.  That said, lets get talking here by all means. 

• Admin
Just now, MaryMary said:

Sorry, I was not talking about the forum, I was talking about IRL

Part of what I said above still applies here, it used to be that GCS was a constant topic at support meetings I had gone to, but it has become a problem in many groups because people are taking routes other than going for surgery, some cannot afford surgery or have other reasons it is not going to happen.  In groups I am in from time to time the subject is avoided for the previous reasons so it does not take up time needed by non-surgical people and we do see some sad things from it.  You are right about health care systems as well although many of them are coming around.  I advocate in my HMO and have spoken to medical care groups, but we need more of that.  My HMO performs cross gender surgeries and my Gynecologist had specific training in dealing with Post Op women so I am so very very lucky there. 

• Admin
44 minutes ago, MaryMary said:

I wish there was a place that's 18+, with no stalker or creeps, without taking time from other more general issues (like you mention)

Now you have given me a mystery to solve.  At one time we had a Forum where only our members 13 to 24 could initiate posts and topics.  Where did it go?  At my IRL LGBT center we do have a group for the 12 - 20 members to sit around a talk with only two adults in the room for safety sake.  You mean Under 18 don't you?  Teens and Tweens as my Center meeting is called.  I had to have my fingerprints taken to be one of the adults who sits in with the younger people to be sure I was safe by the way.

• 4 weeks later...

vickysgv

i really appreciate the article its a lot of information which is well done. Since i am still in the beginning stages of MtF it will be a while before I get there but its great information as being able to ask the right questions in the future and will hopefully have the hair removed way before that time so i do not need to worry about it later. For now i am just taking it slow as trying to do too much makes me anxious and worried.