• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

switching from male clothes to womens

mini

hi

I am just starting out although it seems forever and its only been a few weeks , and i am not 100 percent but really questioning and i think i am going in the right direction to be MtF just really scared and excited in some ways .

so forgive me if i am way off base on switching and how things are done correctly .

today i was in a department store although i purchased male t-shirts they were next to the ladies underwear and i sort of got mesmerized by all the colors ,material ,prints and i wanted to buy a pack but i was afraid as there were quite a bit of woman around and my partner who i have not come out to as trans.  Been gay all my life maybe that was do to wanting to by in a different body.

i guess the question is it normal to really start wanting to change everything right away and what happens if it goes all wrong.

sorry if i am not clear

thanks for listening.

Best suggestion I can give is try things and see if they feel right. It’s easy to fall into the “I want it all done now” mindset, I did at first, but just take things slow and see what works for you. If you too nervous to buy underwear in person I would suggest online. My first pack was purchased off Amazon now I have actually bought a couple pairs in person and it was almost a non-event. 

Be safe, be happy and be yourself.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, mini said:

i guess the question is it normal to really start wanting to change everything right away

Sure it can be natural depending upon where your mind is in the process.  Are you ready?  Are your loved ones ready.  Initially I never went faster than my partner could absorb (IMO).  

3 hours ago, mini said:

and what happens if it goes all wrong.

guess ti depends upon how you define "wrong".  Are you talking about a bail out plan, or a reason for your actions?   Honesty is the best policy, unless you think you may be harmed.  

I would start with underwear as @JustineM suggests.  Its easy to by and wear.  

You were totally clear.  Go have fun.

Jani

hello

thank you Jani for the advice i may go back to the store and pick a package up or to a different one and buy a pack. It would be easy to wear ladies under pants so i guess that is a good start.

thanks

Amazon is a really good place for underwear, camisole tops and things like that.

I used to be able to wear women's jeans, but age and size have changed what fits and how.

I'll be working with patterns to make my own jeans and rompers.

• Forum Moderator

I started with panties years ago. As of now I have very few male cloths. IIRC 1 pair of jean, 1 pair shorts and my work shirts. Everything else is female.  Plenty of t shirts as I see them as androgynous. 

If anything just pick up a pair of panties on line or at a store. In all my years buying stuff. I have never had any comment.

Kymmie

hello

i appreciate thought and will look at buying some on line i have a question how do i know what size to buy . In boys/mens its 32-34 but i have no idea what that means in girls sizes.

• Forum Moderator

If you look on the resources area you can get some pointers:

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/clothing-size-charts/

I found it can be a bit of a nightmare so expect to find a few things that don't fit. I am not keen on buying online for that reason but cis women order and return items all the time. They have the same problem!  It's worth getting confident in selecting and trying on clothing in the store. A big issue is that different brands of clothing often have differing size definitions. It's worth noting though that stretchy material has more tolerance than material that has little stretch.

Tracy

4 hours ago, tracy_j said:

If you look on the resources area you can get some pointers:

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/clothing-size-charts/

I found it can be a bit of a nightmare so expect to find a few things that don't fit. I am not keen on buying online for that reason but cis women order and return items all the time. They have the same problem!  It's worth getting confident in selecting and trying on clothing in the store. A big issue is that different brands of clothing often have differing size definitions. It's worth noting though that stretchy material has more tolerance than material that has little stretch.

Tracy

Tracy is on target here. That's a very extensive breakdown of sizing. Beyond that, manufacturers run small, run large, run all over the place. Size 16 is nothing consistent.

Panties are (mostly) easy though.

gosh this is really handy chart i had no idea how to do things , always easier in clothing as male but then feels odd as MtF is preferable.

thanks so much

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 139 Guests (See full list)

• JessicaMW
    • MaryEllen
    • Charlize
    • Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Susie
    • MaybeRob
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Aleksandria
    Newest Member
    Aleksandria

1. Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      (22 years old)
    2. CtN1p
      CtN1p
    3. heyim_finn
      heyim_finn
      (21 years old)
    4. Jayn
      Jayn
    5. joni_girl_1988
      joni_girl_1988
      (51 years old)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      He deserves it,is a disgrace
    • MaryEllen
      Most of those "guests" are web bots from China, Indonesia, France etc. looking us over. They are mostly benign.  All they can see or gain access to are the general forums.  Members should be careful not to post anything that could readily identify themselves such as real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. They do not have access to our gallery, blogs or private messenger. They seem to haunt all forums. Not just us. I should add that they can make us known across the internet. That's how prospective members find us. Google would be a good example.
    • Ashley0616
      I hope he gets what he deserves. 
    • Ashley0616
      Heck I didn't even know they could go up that high! I just have a four burner and one to keep stuff warm. What kind of pies did you make?
    • MaeBe
      I'm sure you'd rock it, girl!
    • KymmieL
      That's all the matters.   Well me and the wife rode to Perkins for breakfast. As we were waiting for our food. Being it is Sunday There are a few gentleman in suits, my guess from church. I think to myself. I hope I never have to wear one of those monkey suits ever again. Now a nice dress maybe.   Hugs,   Kymmie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      From time to time I've looked at 'Who Is Online" and I have consistently noticed that members are ALWAYS outnumbered by Guests by a wide margin, sometimes, like a minute ago, by more than a 10:1 margin.  I have never seen that before on an internet forum.  It can be explained partly by the nature of what this is, that it draws the curious and they are certainly welcome to read here, and to join, but it leaves me with a feeling of being in a fishbowl.  I wonder who ARE these people?  Donald Trump, is that you? Biden? Sinwar? Putin?  We can only guess. 
    • DawnD
      So from time to time my brain gets a hold of information and puts it together with other information in weird way that get me thinking. I was reading about a nudes cruise that they are running out if Miami. It got me thinking that a transgendered person who is also a naturalist, has to be one of the most unlucky people alive. How does one manage that and does that ever come up? Not trying to make fun here, just genuinely curious. Things that make you go hmmmm....
    • MaeBe
      No luck there, really. She's getting a signing bonus plus a little extra that I don't think would cover much in the way of the move, but it is something!   Oh my! I am glad to hear you're not passing anymore blood. I hope they figure it out soon! How distressing!   @April Marie @KymmieL @Mirrabooka @Willow @Justine76, thank you for the kind words and thoughts! We told our best friends last night. There were many tears. Now it's all about the work: selling the house (my wife's friend's son said he may want to buy it direct!), a job (a former employee of mine wants to bring me over to his company--and they're based outside of Tacoma!), and moving (just started going through what we don't want bring and donating things). So things have kicked off.   I'm not so sure of the job, it would be good to work with my former employee (he's great) but I fear the culture may not be super welcoming to someone like me--and the guy doesn't know I'm trans in any way. But I'll give it a shot as my authentic self and see what happens!
    • Ashley0616
      @LadypcnjI'm sorry. I know the feeling my mom thinks I'm going through a phase too although I didn't come out till April 17, 2023, so it was later in life. I was in denial majority of my life. I would love to hear more about this if you are comfortable sharing more of it. 
    • Ashley0616
      I love fashion. I have over 100 dresses and 74 pairs of shoes. My walk-in closet is full of other clothes as well. I'm getting more shorts soon. SHEIN is awesome for quality and price. Just when you get a leather coat from them it's just the shell not the liner. Most of my shoes are from Torrid because I wear size 13 women's. 
    • Ashley0616
      My VPN is Surf Shark. It has been good to me so far. 
    • Ashley0616
      Unfortunately Oklahoma is about as bad as Texas but definitely not as bad as Florida. Especially as a minor! 
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry @Ladypcnj I can only sympathize with you on that. Therapist on the other hand is crazy. I have had 16 in 10 years. It sucks having to have to go over things. I will say though after 6 therapists I didn't have to explain my history they simply read the history. 
    • Ashley0616
      I followed you and will give you my advice when I can. It has happened to me a lot too. If you want to you can always message me and I'll get back to you ASAP. I understand your concerns. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.