• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dead Name

Damien Mcknight

So, there’s this group of kids who constantly mock me by saying my dead name to get my attention, and they were doing it earlier today to where I almost started crying. They’re in my lunch, but I can go to one of my teachers for lunch sometimes. My dad suggested calling them weird lame names as a comeback, but for me, if they keep calling me my dead name again, ima get into a fight.

If I were in your shoes, I would just ignore them, don't even make eye contact. But at the same time I personally would look at them confused and say "Who is that?" to respond to the name. But if I am being 100% honest I will dropkick someone if you need me to haha.

Lol thanks. On a more positive note, people who see me for the first time call me a dude and itS gReAT

Just consider this, those that do those things are insecure within their own selves, some either have latent homosexual tendencies or may even be unsure of their own real gender role, which opens up a whole can of worms for them, so rather than deal with it they pick on you. Best to just ignore them and if they get physical then take it to the principal.

I have to be social in my job role so at lunch I enjoy shutting down and cutting everyone out. Pick a spot where you feel comfortable and shove some earbuds in your ears and crank up your favorite jam. You won't even hear anyone talking to you. Put an open book in front of you or play a game on your phone--just show you're engaged in anything except them.

p.s. don't react to their crap. It fuels the fire of their BS