• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Any ideas?

Jackie C.

• Forum Moderator

So I've got a MtF friend in Lawrence Kansas who finds herself suddenly homeless. She's a registered sex offender because a girl she met in a club lied about her age. She's disabled with C-PTSD.

Does anybody know about any resources that might be out there to help that have escaped my notice? Right now I'm pretty sure the whole state is a cesspool and would like to be proven wrong.

Help?

49 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

So I've got a MtF friend in Lawrence Kansas who finds herself suddenly homeless. She's a registered sex offender because a girl she met in a club lied about her age. She's disabled with C-PTSD.

Does anybody know about any resources that might be out there to help that have escaped my notice? Right now I'm pretty sure the whole state is a cesspool and would like to be proven wrong.

Help?

She's stuck in the middle of the conservative bible belt, that doesn't mean it's time to panic. There has to be shelters for homeless and disadvantaged women out there. My question is how passable is she? I find that the Salvation Army will help anyone anytime. She may have to submit to a little gospelizing, but when a push comes to a shove it will be worth it.

• Forum Moderator

Thanks, but we thought of that. Local salvation army chapter doesn't handle housing. Housing Authority is the reason she's suddenly homeless and the religious sector won't talk to her because she's trans. She's about two months into HRT so she doesn't pass very well at all and the women's shelters are all about abused spouses. If you want to recover from alcoholism or recover from a drug addition there's plenty of options. Felony sex offender? Not so much.

Right now she's in a tent. So, better than nothing, but not by much. 

41 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Thanks, but we thought of that. Local salvation army chapter doesn't handle housing. Housing Authority is the reason she's suddenly homeless and the religious sector won't talk to her because she's trans. She's about two months into HRT so she doesn't pass very well at all and the women's shelters are all about abused spouses. If you want to recover from alcoholism or recover from a drug addition there's plenty of options. Felony sex offender? Not so much.

Right now she's in a tent. So, better than nothing, but not by much. 

I feel for and for you because I have helped others before and I know how hopeless some of these cases are and it leaves a hole in one's heart agonizing over them.

• Forum Moderator

If she was close, she could crash on my couch, but... Kansas. I don't think I like Kansas.

41 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

If she was close, she could crash on my couch, but... Kansas. I don't think I like Kansas.

Wait, there was Dorothy and Toto, how could you not like Kansas?

• Forum Moderator

Too black and white. Dorothy didn't like Kansas. Like Dorothy, I prefer Oz.