• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello

Amanda2019

Hello everyone,

Im Amanda, My cross dressing journey started off with loving the way heels sound and feel when walking. within the last 5 years i have learnt a lot about how to transform into a women but still plenty to learn.

over those 5 years i have experimented a bit with types of clothing and finally settled on a style i like. I have been out in public a few times over the last few years walking the streets in a nearby town and after some time debating i decided to go to the supermarket at night(so much easier to park :D) this was initially something that scared me to death as im sure i didnt pass as a women. I have experimented with both lipstick and foundation(powder and liquid form), mostly this was to see what i would look like. 

With winter having arrived i decided i needed buy a new coat and decided a slightly puffy coat with a fur hood would help me blend in. thankfully i think it worked perfectly both for other people but more importantly for me, Last week i did my makeup, put my wig and clothes on, opting for dark skinny jeans and black Knee boots. I went off to the supermarket with 1 plan - to go to the women's clothes section and do some shopping, I arrived and parked far enough away that i could get out confidently and then start walking(once i got over being nervous im fine) and walked straight in to my disappointment the clothing section was closed. i decided not to waste the trip and bought a few food items i needed which was good as i really enjoyed walking around the shop feeling like a lady.

Since the clothing section was closed i decided to pop to the other supermarket down the road which was a similar layout but this time with the clothing section open, this time i parked a bit closer and just got straight out of the car, as i approached the entrance a Man walked out and walked straight past me, he didnt seem to look at me and continued, this was a real confidence booster since i then questioned the fact i might have actually passed. I went upstairs to the clothing section, looked for a matching bag(having learnt that a bag should match the shoes) it looked nice over the shoulder of my Camel Parka coat. I decided not to buy it but to try on some shoes instead, this was thrilling and although i was a bit nervous that someone might come over and ask what i was doing, they didnt. Once i decided id had enough i left and drove home. 

This was the most exciting moment so far, especially as i left the store i saw my reflection in the glass doors and i knew i would have assumed it was a lady walking out.

My next trip out will be at the end of this week, but this time in my black trousers and Ankle boots which are a tad more noisy but they fit really well together.  I have uploaded some photos for your opinions but at this stage not willing to show my face(mostly since i didnt bother with makeup to take these piccys).

Sorry for the ramble

Amanda x

ps Now i want to learn how to speak in a female voice(to make life easier out and about) aswell as buying a bag and venturing out during the day/busier times.

1.png

2.png

• Forum Moderator

Greetings Amanda and welcome!  What you described sounded exhilarating!  I'm sure in the end you found it enjoyable.  Great!  I like the coat.  The colour is very nice and I'm sure it looks good from all angles.  You certainly need a handbag, either in a coordinating tan/taupe or maybe a contrasting green, black (matches your shoes) or some other colour you like.  A scarf would be nice too.  I love to wear scarves in the fall and winter. 

As to voice training.  Don't worry so much about how deep your voice may be, unless its really deep.  Cadence and rhythm are very important.  Listen carefully when women speak.  It is dramatically different than men.  You can learn a lot.

Please join in the conversation!

Cheers, Jani 

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Amanda.  It's lovely to meet you.  I can really sense your excitement about being out and about enfemme.  I had the same feeling my first few times out.  Those shoes look very sensible and comfy and match your outfit well.  I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.  Anything we can do to help we will be glad to do.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Thankyou for the kind welcoming!

It certainly was exciting although I was surprised to find Asda have a rubbish selection of clothes(maybe at the store I went to only) but this wasn’t my first choice of supermarket to visit. 

Thanks @Carolyn Marie those boots are nice and comfy, they are from Clark’s and have a 3inch heel - which I have learnt is the height I’m happy with. I’m not interested in crazy killer heels. Just something simple and smart. As my last trip out was in my knee boots, this next trip will be wearing these boots. It will be the first time I take these out since but I think this time I will start in the supermarket and then head into town and depending on how brave I’m feeling, maybe go into some shops. One day I would like to be confident enough to go out during the day shopping but not just yet.

as for the voice training. My voice is deep enough to be noticed sadly so maybe if I can control it I can put on a voice if I get asked something or if I end up buying something. 

Merry Christmas

Amanda x

• Forum Moderator

Voice training is a lot of fun. It's also become a large part of my presentation. Let me recommend Nina at Female Voice Club. Specifically because her methodology is designed to let you switch back and forth as you need to... usually, I did occasionally use the wrong voice in the beginning. Another cross-dressing friend of mine says it's pretty common when he's strained his boy voice to default to his girl voice. It's a big part of his presentation too. He's mentioned the times where he was getting side-eye, then he opened his mouth and person in question relaxed.

Can't comment on the coat, it's not really my style (I prefer a long coat). I'd like to see more of the boots. I'd love a sexy knee boot to add to my collection. I love my ankle boots, but I'm envious of my wife's knee boots.

Hugs!

6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Another cross-dressing friend of mine says it's pretty common when he's strained his boy voice to default to his girl voice.

Hi Jackie, thanks for the advice on the voice, for me its not something i want to change fully, so unless its something i can learn to do when i want then i wont pursue it

I am fortunate to be able to wear normal womens shoes being size UK8(eu42) so while it limits which brands i can buy it atleast makes life easier, the boots are Clarks Dalia ankle boots they are high enough but also super comfy, excited to take them out next time. What boots do you have?

• Forum Moderator
On 12/24/2019 at 6:08 PM, Amanda2019 said:

over those 5 years i have experimented a bit with types of clothing and finally settled on a style i like. I have been out in public a few times over the last few years walking the streets in a nearby town

Hello Amanda....very nice to meet you.  There been many new faces joining us here.  I’m glad you found us.  It looks like you’re enjoying the experimentation part of the transitioning process.  This is one of my favorite parts of transitioning. It’s interesting how we gravitate to a few particular styles.  LOL, my wife keeps me in check pretty well offering her opinions on occasion...”nothing too flamboyant, too young, too hip, too short, too unflattering a style, etc...”.  The members here are also good at giving little pointers but in the end it what makes you feel the most comfortable and confident.  Keep sharing your journey and please keep the pics coming.  It’s one of the best parts of our forum here. 

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Amanda2019 said:

Hi Jackie, thanks for the advice on the voice, for me its not something i want to change fully, so unless its something i can learn to do when i want then i wont pursue it

That's why I suggested Nina. Her technique trains you to back and forth when you want to. Though you do have to keep using your regular voice if you want to keep it. I CAN use my normal register, but after a year and a half in my girl range, it's hard to remember what it sounded like.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Derp. Missed the last bit. I'm wearing ... well, right this second I'm wearing slippers ... but these are my go-to if it's too cold for sandals. I've got a thing for buckles on boots and low heels because I'm tall enough ... also completely uncoordinated.

Hugs!

20191226_094153.thumb.jpg.3bff11485406b64ebf6b522f16ad1090.jpg