• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First laser treatment done

MiraM

So, Friday morning I had my first laser treatment.  Interesting sensation to say the least.  It felt like being snapped in the face by the rubber band of a bunch of celery....over and over again.  Of course the upper lip was a bit more intense.  Thankfully the redness was mostly gone after an hour or so because Friday was also the second day of a 4 day conference I was attending, and I was going to be around about 500 people.  Today, there are still a lot of visible welts along my jawline and neck, and shaving is a little tender.   Really hope they don't take too  long to go down.  The next session is scheduled for May 1st.

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Mira!

That *ZAP!* is just the worst. Of course I'm light-adverse and go up like a magnesium flare. I'd take welts over oozing blisters. I'm sure the welts will clear up in a couple days.

Hugs!

• Admin

Yes, it can be intense, especially the lip.  Hopefully the clinic is giving you some soothing gel to use for afterwards.  It helps reduce the incidence of acne, which I developed during my treatments.  Unfortunately I can no longer recall the name of the product.

Carolyn Marie