• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Invitation To Lead a Closed Trans Meeting

VickySGV

• Admin

A few days ago I got an invitation to come and Lead a closed Trans AA meeting near downtown Los Angeles.  The person inviting me met me through another Friend at an open meeting for everyone where I was Secretary at the time, and where I was very out and open.  This closed meeting is a cross between a  speakers meeting and discussion table with a little more time for my share.  The fact it is closed means I can share more about my specific Trans issues than I can at open meetings.  I have led open meetings many times, and I am now pondering what Trans people might like to hear that they do not hear at other meetings.  I am open to ideas!!

• Forum Moderator

I was involved in an attempt to get a trans meeting going in New Hope PA a few years ago.  Unfortunately there were not enough folks in our area, and while some drove a long distance to attend at times it was only one or two of us too often.

You are certainly in an area with a larger population and bigger trans community so hopefully that won't be a problem.

The TGAA meetings on Zoom are basically the same as any other meeting.  For a great many people it is the only place they can share about issues they face as trans folks.  we have a literature study program, a Big Book Study, a speaker discussion and a topic discussion meeting.

I have found that the Hazeldon publication "Glad Day", which is covering issues the GLBTQ community faces,  often brings on good discussions.

Hugs,

Charlize