• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Here

Guest Gloria13

Guest Gloria13

Hello,

My name is Gloria. I am a 13 yr post-op TS, I am married to the same person, my wonderful wife, for 39 yrs. I spent 21 yrs in the service and 18 years in the postal service. I transistioned while in the postal service and had my GRS in Wisconson June 25 1996.

My wife and I ran a group for married couples for several years but our home was located too far away from a main city and eventually our group broke up. We have both since retired and move to the sunny and recently very rainy south. We are thinking about getting active in a group again and offering our experience to other couples.

enough for now.

Gloria

Welcome, Gloria,

I moved you here to the introductions forum because biography section is for much more detailed stories.

Come on into the members lounge and have a seat and I'll get cookies and hot cocoa.

You will meet a lot of really nice people here and no judgements.

Welcome to the friendliest place on Earth.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~

Welcome Gloria!!

It so good to have you here! Soon others will be along to welcome you to Laura's. You clearly have much experience helping others!! Yea!! I'll offer you some tea since Sally has already offered you the cocoa and cookies. Let me pull up a chair so that we can talk my dear.

Welcome and please post to the forums. We all learn many things from each other!!

Love

bernii

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Hi Gloria

Welcome to the playground everyone is so nice here so make yourself comfortable and more will be around shortly to welcome you.

Alyssa

Guest Donna Jean
Hello,

My name is Gloria. I am a 13 yr post-op TS, I am married to the same person, my wonderful wife, for 39 yrs. I spent 21 yrs in the service and 18 years in the postal service. I transistioned while in the postal service and had my GRS in Wisconson June 25 1996.

My wife and I ran a group for married couples for several years but our home was located too far away from a main city and eventually our group broke up. We have both since retired and move to the sunny and recently very rainy south. We are thinking about getting active in a group again and offering our experience to other couples.

enough for now.

Gloria

Hello, Gloria!

Oh my! How very nice to meet you!

First off...Happy Memorial Day ...from one vet to another!

Secondly ...it is great to have another person here that remains with a loving partner...That just warms my heart! This September my wife and I will have been married 30 years and we're staying together. I've just started my transition (starting my 4th month HRT) and we live in South East Ohio!

It is so wonderful having you here and I know that I'll probably be PM'ing (private message) for advice!

You can use the messenger after 5 posts...so get at it......ok?

Welcome to the Playground, Hon....

XXOO

Donna Jean

Guest Ashlee

Hello Gloria,

Its is so great that you have a wonderful wife in your life, that has continued to love you for all these years.

And very nice of you to come here to Lauras to offer some advice to the many that have questions.

Welcome!

Ashlee

Guest Gloria13
Welcome, Gloria,

I moved you here to the introductions forum because biography section is for much more detailed stories.

Come on into the members lounge and have a seat and I'll get cookies and hot cocoa.

You will meet a lot of really nice people here and no judgements.

Welcome to the friendliest place on Earth.

Love ya,

Sally

Thank you for the welcome, I will eventually get to the biography section and fill it in correctly. I have started to write about my incredable trip to where I now live. :D

I hope my wife and can help in any way we can.

Gloria

Guest Gloria13
Hello, Gloria!

Oh my! How very nice to meet you!

First off...Happy Memorial Day ...from one vet to another!

Secondly ...it is great to have another person here that remains with a loving partner...That just warms my heart! This September my wife and I will have been married 30 years and we're staying together. I've just started my transition (starting my 4th month HRT) and we live in South East Ohio!

It is so wonderful having you here and I know that I'll probably be PM'ing (private message) for advice!

You can use the messenger after 5 posts...so get at it......ok?

Welcome to the Playground, Hon....

XXOO

Donna Jean

Feel to ask any questions and I will try and answer.

Gloria

Guest doodle

welcome Gloria

I'm also married and I hope that we can work things out like you guys. sometimes I don't think it's going to happen. What do I do then go back to men i guess.

doodle/Kelly

Guest brenda lee
Hello,

enough for now.

Gloria

Hi !Gloria .I am Brenda Lee , I too am a retired vet. I am just starting to transistion , so glad to meet you. Please keep us all posted on yourself .LOL Brenda lee

Guest Gloria13
Hi !Gloria .I am Brenda Lee , I too am a retired vet. I am just starting to transistion , so glad to meet you. Please keep us all posted on yourself .LOL Brenda lee

Hi Brenda,

I am where I want to be in life. 13 yrs post op, happily married, and retired. My nexy hurtled is updating my passport and a gentleman just sent me a list of the information I need to provide to do this. My retired ID is in the name of Gloria but the only snag (not a snag really) is to keep my wife covered by my healthcare I am still listed as male. Until the military can learn to accept the way we are I am stuck.

I am at the point in life where I want to give back to the community (you all) by helping any way I can. If I can help by shareing my experiences then I will. If my helps come in the form of a kind ear I am here.

Always,

Gloria

Hi Gloria and welcome, like some you have already met I'm older, 57 years old and started transition almost a year ago, about 80% full time but early next year i will go 100% full time and do my name change.

HUGS!

Paula

Guest Gloria13
Hi Gloria and welcome, like some you have already met I'm older, 57 years old and started transition almost a year ago, about 80% full time but early next year i will go 100% full time and do my name change.

HUGS!

Paula

Hi Paula,

I was 45 when I started therapy, 46 when I started HRT and RLT and reborn June 25th 1996. So good luck and most of all remember and enjoy life. The transexual is a most extrodinary person. How many people do you know that one day goes to sleep and when they wake up their dream of a lifetime has actually come true. Of course etting to that day can be a little rough but if you pursue your dream it will happen.

Gloria

Guest nymphblossom

It's great to meet you Gloria!

I am a new comer to the playground too and just came out to my wife of 19 years last weekend. I know we will have a bumpy road ahead of us; it's encouraging to see that you have had such a wonderful marriage!

Blossom

Guest Gloria13

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. My wife and I are looking forward to the friends we will meet here.

Gloria

Guest Marissa Anastasia

Welcome Gloria,

We're truly glad to have you with us, and I know your broad experience will be an asset to our group...there is strength in numbers...I wish you the best, and it is my hope that we can contribute to each others' lives...I know we can...Welcome!!

Love,

Marissa