• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi there

Daniellesturn

Well I'm a 40 year old trans girl who's lost in a world that doesn't understand her. Guess I cant blame them I dont understand her half the time lol. Been on hrt for about 16 months now. I've just been taking it 1 step at a time but I'm coming up on a big step of expanding the small pool of people I'm out to. This has been wearing on me lately so if you see any depressed rants in the forums from me its probably me stressing over it. I try to tell myself I dont care what people say and think but apparently that's a lie because some days I literally lose my mind over it. See I'm starting the rant already. Pretty sad when your own intro triggers you lol.

So anyway I joined I guess mainly looking for a sense of community, maybe some online friends to chat with.

• Forum Moderator

Hi, Danielle.  Welcome!

Yes, that in-between phase where you are partly out and partly not is stressful.  I only lasted three months after I started HRT, and then I just had to come out to the world.   The dysphoria would have driven me crazy if I'd tried to last any longer.

You might be pleasantly surprised once you are out.  In spite of the horror stories in the news, most people are accepting of us, and most of the rest just don't care one way or the other.  I live in a small village (population maybe 200 if you include the surrounding farms) of mostly fishermen, farmers, and hillbillies.  I expected the worst.  But one morning, I stood up at the weekly coffee gathering and announced that I was transitioning, and that henceforth, would they please call me Kathy?  I got some surprised looks, and there was the odd misgendering of pronouns over the next few weeks, but I had absolutely no hostility at all.  Everyone has been supportive or accepting.

So, good luck as you move forward.  May your transition be as uneventful as mine.

Regards,

Kathy

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Danielle to Trans Pulse forums and nice to have you with us :)

Indeed having an online resource to discuss such topics is very beneficial, ranting or venting is OK here, and can be quite therapeutic. I hope your expanding coming out goes well, as Kathy eludes to most don't care one way or the other these days. It's up to you to live your life as authentically as possible, the rewards are many. 

I hope you find your time here useful and enjoyable. Have a look around, and post away as the mood strikes ya

Hugs

Cyndee 

Thanks for the welcomes and I know most of my issues are just my irrational mind making up extreme scenarios that aren't very likely.

• Forum Moderator

Salutations @Daniellesturn!

I'm afraid my experience is similar to @KathyLauren's. I announced my intention to transition and... to date... exactly one person has had a problem with it. I've been adopted by the ladies at my gym who are trying to help me develop an actual butt (nature is against us, alas) and I've made a ton of new friends. My wife is supportive and on-board with it (though she does have a few things she's working through). It turns out Jackie is a lot more likable than *deadname* ever was and a lot easier to live with. Who knew?

So yeah. Welcome to the forums. Feel free to poke around. Ask questions. Say silly things. Engage. Rant. Vent. We're here for you if you need us.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Danielle.  This is a good place to share both triumphs and defeats, not to mention fears.  You are not alone in those feelings.  There is a great saying in a 12th step group i attend.  "Troubles shared are troubles halved".  

Winging is allowed.  I've done my share here over the years and those fears have faded or disappeared.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Danielle.  We're glad to have you here, and I hope we can be of service.  Congrats on getting onboard the Womanhood Express.  It's a wild and interesting ride.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Hi Danielle! Welcome!

As others have already said, this is great place to read, share, learn, hope, fear and even complain about the weather!

TA

• Forum Moderator
On 3/1/2020 at 2:53 AM, Daniellesturn said:

This has been wearing on me lately so if you see any depressed rants in the forums from me its probably me stressing over it. I try to tell myself I dont care what people say and think but apparently that's a lie because some days I literally lose my mind over it.

Hello Danielle and welcome to the forums.  I understand the stress of coming out first hand. I won’t lie, it changes your life in many ways....some good, others not so much.  Unfortunately, as you know, it’s not a journey milestone you can easily sidestep.  Yes, you can postpone it for a time but if you want to fully embrace your womanhood it is a necessary step for most.

‘Coming out’ reminds me of my recent ear piercing.  I avoided it forever because I had built up this imaginary idea the pain would be too intense (I have low pain threshold).  When I finally bit the bullet, I was amazed at how temporary that pain was and how wonderful it felt experiencing this new feminine adornment I so much wanted.   Don’t get me wrong...coming out is much more difficult and sometimes the pain can linger but overall it feels like a breakthrough but the analogy hold true, imho. Eventually, you’ll do what you need but know you’ll experience a freedom and motivation to move forward to your goal.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:53 AM, Daniellesturn said:

So anyway I joined I guess mainly looking for a sense of community,

I am sure this will be the case.  You do receive what you put into it.  I’ve found that to be true here and in life in general. It’s all about a sharing of our lives to learn and grow. I hope to learn more about you and your journey as time permits.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Greetings!

When I came out about, umm, 11/12 years ago, there were guidelines offered and typically imposed by physicians, therapists, etc. You were to choose yer new name (if you hadn't already) and then begin introducing yourself to family, neighbors, etc. You were instructed to dress like the new you everywhere in the neighborhood, at first. Then, after going for walks and allowing yourself to be seen in just 'The Hood' for a certain period of time (I forget the exact umber of days), then you should take a trip to a store presenting as the new you. 

I forget what they had to say about going to work the way, but I am waaayyyy disabled and it didn't apply.

My first time going out as 'outed' was with my live in girlfriend, who had no idea before and struggled hideously with it for some time. She's been a little miracle and has even attended counseling with me. That first time out, we went to dinner and no one said anything or acted strange. The only odd thing was when I got in a huff about having been given an unwashed coffee cup as there was a lipstick print on it. My partner thought this funny since it was my own lipstick that I was complaining about.

Now we I've in Portland, Oregon, which is famed for it's precious weirdness and I seem to fit right in. 

Good going, Sweetie. . .it's worth the trip, I swear it. 

Best of 

Hey Danielle. I am confused,,,you pic's say beautiful woman. So if yr close friends  and fam still can't fig it out then they properly don't have an issue with it. In my experience , at the end of day the only one with the issues is us and if we can work through then the rest is gravy.  As for the rants , depression and so on...I am right there with you sister. you can always em *******@gmail.com if you need to rant off line and just need an friend ear.

Be Safe, Be Proud and Kick Ass

Edited by Susan R
Forum Rule 21 You may not share personally identifying information or contact information anywhere on the site that is publicly visible. For your safety, we recommend not sharing it at all.
14 hours ago, Alex C said:

Hey Danielle. I am confused,,,you pic's say beautiful woman. So if yr close friends  and fam still can't fig it out then they properly don't have an issue with it. In my experience , at the end of day the only one with the issues is us and if we can work through then the rest is gravy.  As for the rants , depression and so on...I am right there with you sister. you can always em *******@gmail.com if you need to rant off line and just need an friend ear.

Be Safe, Be Proud and Kick Ass

Thank you, I have been getting more awkward stares lately, so something is becoming noticeable. I'm sure my hair color and styling didnt help.

So for the late reply..west coast girl and I work 10 -16 hrs days. Your hair look amazing, would not change a thing. Keep being you and the world will follow

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)

• Timi
    • Sorourke
    • Petra Jane
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Lydia_R
    • Susie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • MaryEllen
    • Abigail Genevieve
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Adamtoeve
      Adamtoeve
      (38 years old)
    2. Andy C.
      Andy C.
      (22 years old)
    3. Asher the Enby Goddex
      Asher the Enby Goddex
      (23 years old)
    4. camerashy
      camerashy
      (52 years old)
    5. Stacy S.
      Stacy S.
      (55 years old)
    • Lydia_R
      China, India and Africa have the biggest population problems.  I'm a jazz musician who does Zen meditation and cooks curries every day.  Kamala Harris has Indian and African heritage and is strong on Planned Parenthood and abortion rights.  I've reached out several times to Kamala in the last few months to try to get her endorsement.   Susheela Jayapal is running against me and she was born in India and is endorsed by Bernie Sanders.  I'd like to see Kamala Harris as president, me as vice-president and Susheela Jayapal and Maxine Dexter in our Oregon Federal positions.  We can be highly visible and move the needle on population world-wide with this combination in my opinion.  If we can't pave our roads in 75 years, how are we going to get food to all those people.  I don't think there is a space age solution to our oil problem and our society must reverse course.   As dire as all this sounds, what I'm suggesting is that we give up the rat race and literally have a world sports and music party for the next 40 years while we decrease population.  A decreasing population will have no need for new housing, so that won't be a problem.  I think we can give up this rat race finally.   At least China recognizes there is a problem with population and has actually done something to address it.  Yes, our birthrate is falling, but we certainly are not at the 1:2 ratio that I think we need to be at.  Without making a big deal about this, we'll just be following the path of least resistance picking up our mochas on the way to work 40 hours/week in our SUV.
    • Mmindy
      Very nice articles about you and your policy views. I do think that we've missed out when it come to nuclear power generation to reduce our reliance on crude oil and coal. We should have transitioned away from crude oil and coal a long time ago. I'm with Dr. Patrick Moore, former Green Peace founder, on bringing more nuclear power plants online. As for reducing the petrochemical industries use of petroleum based products to manufacture the many consumer products? Many people who don't even think about the everyday used items, coming from refining oil or natural gasses.   On a different topic, have you though about hiring someone to handle your social media platforms ie X aka Twitter, Facebook, Instagram? I think it would help you reach more people quicker on the hot topics. I would follow you and re-post as much as I could.   Best wishes,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I've noticed the same thing, but its often those on the "Left" who want to shut down freedom of speech.  Tell us what words to use, or what we can't say.  Personally, I favor free speech for everybody.  Unlimited and absolute.  Including if/when its destructive or violent.  Better to have some chaos than to give anybody the power to restrict speech.  
    • RaineOnYourParade
      ...I have so many missing assignments    I completed about 10 yesterday and I still have a bunch to do, raised one of my grades from a 49 to a 71 in one night (. _ .')
    • RaineOnYourParade
      (Not sure if this belongs here but whatever)   Okay, I acknowledge the fact that, as long as it's not violent or anything, a transphobe has their right to express their opinion. Whatever. Freedom of Speech, it's an important part of the USA's foundation. They can use the Freedom of Speech defense while doing this, they can yap, fine.   However, I have equal right to say they're wrong and to debate the topic if I wished, as well as to my opinion that they're things I would not be able to say on this forum, even if I don't personally voice these things     Suddenly, people don't like freedom of speech anymore. It seems to be some people's favorite Amendment until someone else uses the same right.
    • Vidanjali
      Have you considered the research that has been done substantiating overpopulation problem as a myth? For example, here is an article by a regional population economics researcher and agricultural economist. https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/12/12/16766872/overpopulation-exaggerated-concern-climate-change-world-population   Moreover, legal limits on childbirth have had unfortunate consequences for China which go well beyond being scary or controversial, but affecting the economy, workforce, and intellectual and creative wealth of the nation. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/02/china-population-control-two-child-policy   And noting that such an idea is scary and controversial, I think, is an understatement. We are seeing many unfortunate (that word, also, an understatement) consequences of illegal abortion in the US. A websearch reveals article after article about people who have suffered tremendously from being denied fertility healthcare overtly and technically related to abortion. Below is an overview. https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/04/18/human-rights-crisis-abortion-united-states-after-dobbs#:~:text=Abortion bans also harm women's,are exposed to abusive relationships.   Not to mention the fact that Black people are STILL disproportionately harmed and abused by the medical community. Legalized limits on childbirth would likewise be  disproportionately harmful to Black people and other disenfranchised populations. An overview: https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/how-present-day-health-disparities-for-black-people-are-linked-to-past-policies-and-events/   And certainly the legal limit on childbirth was enforced discriminatorily in China as well. https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-international-news-weekend-reads-china-health-269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c   One must consider that a dynamic issue such a global sustainability is not solved by addressing only one variable. Instead, a dynamic solution is required. Such a solution would entail, in my opinion, addressing inequities and manifesting progress rather than enforcing restrictions on people's bodies.    
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I think your biggest issue in campaigning is going to be funding.  It simply takes great buckets of money to get into state office, let alone federal.    As for population, I think you're barking up the wrong tree when it comes to America.  Our population is only increasing by immigration. It is 3rd-world nations who have kids like crazy, and then lots of their extra people come to the USA.  Lets look at Nigeria for an example.  Nigeria has a land area of 366k square miles (equivalent to 5 or 6 US midwest states).  They have 218 million people crammed in that space, and most of them want to leave and go elsewhere.  In 1950, Nigeria's population was 32 million - 7x less than today.  In 1950, the population of the USA was 158 million, around half of the 333 million we have today.  And that doesn't take immigration into account.   Our population would mostly be stable or even decline if it wasn't for immigration.  So if you want to decrease our domestic population, you'd be looking at a moratorium on immigration....and you wouldn't be running as a Democrat to get that one done.  As for "one kid for every two women," how to you propose to do that?  Chinese-style "one child policy" or government license to have a kid?  China ended up with a demographic collapse, and they have removed the policy.  Then there's 1st Amendment issues.  In Christianity, children are considered to be a good thing.  My area is predominantly Christian, and it is not uncommon to see a woman with 5 or 6 kids.  To accomplish a population reduction goal in the USA, you'd be looking to add a new Amendment to the Constitution, and also have years of litigation regarding infringement on religious freedom.    My own faith community permits plural marriage, and we have "exponential reproduction" as a central principle.  The goal being to increase the size of our community, partly for security and political influence.  At our current reproductive rate (along with shorter generations), we hope to go from a population in the low hundreds to a population of hundreds of thousands by the 22nd century.    Honestly, what I'd like to see (assuming the world stays intact and we don't see the End Times / Apocalypse) is space colonization.  Imagine if we had new planets for people to go to?  We wouldn't have to worry anymore.  Perhaps push for funding for space exploration?  Research to create usable long-distance space ships? 
    • Birdie
      Maybelline has an online app where you can upload an image or use your face real-time to try on makeup before you buy it.    I used the app on my teenage face and it works great.   
    • Mirrabooka
      We love udon noodles here! Sometimes we have the skinny Singaporean ones, sometimes we have rice, but those fat buggers are simply devine! 😍
    • Lydia_R
      My Gen Z transwoman roommate and my Gen X drummer roommate and I made two wonderful stir fry in the traditional wok on the high power propane burner on the back deck.  We splurged both times and had udon noodles in them with brussel sprouts, pepper and onions with a peanut and sesame sauce.   Been having them with seasoned white rice lately too.  I've been enjoying putting dill in them with the toasted sesame oil, turmeric and white pepper.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   It's grass cutting day here on our little corner lot. The sidewalk that goes along the south side of our house, leads to a city park so we get a ton of foot traffic on it. I keep the lawn mowed and the sidewalk edged for the best street appeal. Several in the neighborhood have said its the slowest part of the walk because they have to stop to look at the flowers or watch a bird at the feeder. All of the dogs know they have fun hugs coming from me if I'm in the yard, and the conversations with the neighbors also give their hearts a chance to reach a resting beat.   @April Marie while you're working on your tan, please don't forget sunscreen. @KymmieLgood luck with the job search, it's so stressful to be the punching bag at work. @WillowI've never sold a car to a friend or someone I knew. Buyer beware, sold as is.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mirrabooka
      We pulled a leftover beef stir-fry out of the freezer. With Asian greens, noodles, cashews, all in a honey/sesame sauce.
    • Mirrabooka
      Oh @April Marie, sssstop it!!! 😍
    • Mirrabooka
      Whether it is Sunday or not - may I ask, how long does the whole process take?    My every-morning basic 'beauty routine' - shave face/wash/hair/other grooming already takes over 10 minutes. My wife is basically beating down the door, lol! 
    • Ivy
      We did pretty well for almost 40 years.   But by then we were kinda moving in different directions spiritually and on some other things.  I might have moved the most significantly.  I think my trans woman was trying to assert herself, although it still took a little more time for the egg to crack.     I was the one who moved out (although we had been sleeping in separate rooms for about a year).  I was satisfied to just be separated, but after a bit she filed for divorce.  I didn't contest it - our kids were all adults by then.  She remarried, I haven't.  Now her husband has died and she is back in this area.   Yeah, we are still friends, but sometimes it's hard for me if I've been around her.  I do miss her.  She uses my now name and gender for me.   I am lonely.  I think I could remarry, maybe, if I found the right person, but I don't see much chance of that.  I'm in my 70's, this is a pretty conservative area, and I am a transgender woman.  So this is how it is - at least for me.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.