• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

UK Gender Clinics. The List as of 2020

Maid In Bedlam

Hope one of the Mods could make this a sticky? To benefit new potential transitioners in the UK

GENDER IDENTITY CLINICS

EXETER
(The Laurels)
The Laurels Gender and Sexual Medicine Clinic
11-15 Dix’s Field
Exeter
EX1 1QA

LEEDS
Leeds Gender Identity Service
Outpatient’s Suite, 1st Floor, Newsome Centre,
Seacroft Hospital,
York Road,
Leeds
LS14 6UH

LONDON
(Charing Cross)
Gender Identity Clinic
179 – 183 Fulham Palace Road
London
W6 8QZ

DAVENTRY
Danetre Hospital
London Road,
Daventry ,
Northants
NN11 4DY

NOTTINGHAM
3 Oxford Street,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire,
NG1 5BH
Tel: 0115 876 0160 - contact to check up to date location.

SHEFFIELD
Porterbrook Clinic
75 Osbourne Road
Nether Edge Hospital
Sheffield
S11 9BF

NEWCASTLE
Northern Region Gender Dysphoria Service
Benfield House
Walkergate Park Hospital
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE6 4QD

CHILDREN
Tavistock & Portman
Gender Identity Clinic
179-183 Fulham Palace Road
Hammersmith
W6 8QZ
Tel: 0208 938 7590
Their websites for help/advice for child and parents:
https://gic.nhs.uk/
http://gids.nhs.uk/

SCOTLAND

GLASGOW
Sandyford Clinic,
6 Sandyford Place,
Sauchiehall Street,
Glasgow,
G3 7NB
Tel: 0141 211 8130

LOTHIAN
Lothian Sexual Health Clinic
2A Chalmers Street,
Edinburgh,
EH3 9ES
Tel: 0131 536 1070
Referrals accepted from service users residing within NHS Lothian, NHS Borders and NHS Fife areas.

INVERNESS
Highland Sexual Health Clinic
Raigmore Hospital,
Inverness,
IV2 3UJ
Tel: 01463 704202
Referrals accepted from service users residing within Highland Health Board area.

GRAMPIAN
Grampian Gender Clinic
Adult Psychiatry,
Royal Cornhill Hospital,
Cornhill Road,
ABERDEEN,
AB25 2ZH
Tel: 01224 557799
Email: [email protected]

Wales

St David's Hospital

Cowbridge Road East
Canton
Cardiff
CF11 9XB

029 2183 6612

Waiting list as of FOI Request jan 2020

p5c28rdb5cl41.png?width=691&height=497

• Carolyn Marie pinned this topic
  • Admin

This is an excellent resource, and yes, worthy of being pinned.  Thank you very much for this info, hon.

Carolyn Marie

Current NHS and private GIC wait times February 2020

renderTimingPixel.png

Wait times to first appointment
A lot of these are estimates based on patients' experiences, as many clinics aren't currently advertising/disclosing their wait times.

ENGLAND

• Charing Cross/Tavistock and Portman (London): 30+ months

• Newcastle: 26 months

• Sheffield: 20+ months

• Exeter (The Laurels): 34 months indefinite delays for new referrals, and those on the current wait list (note that there’s an additional waiting list of at least 12 months to see a doctor: the initial appointment is with a psychotherapist, who cannot sign off on any treatment).

• Daventry: 40 months

• Nottingham: 36 months

• Leeds: 30 months (initial screening about 3 months into this wait)

• Tavistock and Portman under 18s clinic (London): 22-26 months

SCOTLAND

• Edinburgh: 21 months

• Sandyford (Glasgow): 24 months

• Aberdeen: ~12 months

WALES

• Cardiff: 27 months

NORTHERN IRELAND

• Belfast: 24+ months (no longer taking new patients)

PRIVATE

• Dr Lorimer: 4 months

• Dr Lenihan: 2-3 months (not diagnosing/referring new patients)

• Dr Dundas: 5 months doesn't appear to be accepting patients at the moment

• Dr Myskow: 2-3 months

• Dr Chong: 2-3 months

Just a Little update for you .

• 1 month later...

Issues around Hormone Therapy due to the coronavirus situation

Issued by the Tavistock and Portman centre

Article here

• 8 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Thanks for this. Terrible but not unexpected perhaps.

Tracy

Some Uplifting (I Think) news if you fall under Cheshire and Merseyside

The Cmagic pilot has started. So its not all doom and gloom.

CMAGIC Is the Cheshire and Merseyside Adult Gender Identity Collaborative.  The collaborative was set up to improve service provision for transgender and non-binary patients (TGNB). 

CMAGIC is one of the new NHS gender incongruence pilots for adults (age 17 and over) and brings together clinicians, community groups, and NHS services to provide a community-based approach to improving access to gender identity healthcare.

Link Here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay
    • Maddee
    • April Marie
    • KathyLauren
    • Antonia 7
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Bddk
      Bddk
      (28 years old)
    2. Belladonnakarapinskia
      Belladonnakarapinskia
    3. Breanne_O
      Breanne_O
    4. Danielle57
      Danielle57
    5. ferh.li
      ferh.li
      (20 years old)
    • Heather Shay
      A person who is embarrassed feels shy, ashamed, or guilty about something. He looked a bit embarrassed. Synonyms: ashamed, upset, shamed, uncomfortable More Synonyms of embarrassed.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Seeking Helen Mirren's grace and style.
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!!   Yesterday was lawn mower battery day. I've been nursing the battery on my Zero Turn mower for two weeks. It gave up the ghost when I stopped to refuel yesterday so I had to run over to the local shop to get a new one. And forgot my wallet so I had to drive home and back again.   Then, I was using the garden tractor with the bagger to pick up the clippings. I cut about 7 acres so it took me awhile. When I was done, I went to refuel it and, of course, it wouldn't start when I'd finished putting in the gas. I'm hoping it was just some corrosion on the cables - cleaned them up, gave it a quick charge and it started right up. We'll see if it will hold a charge now or turn out like the Zero Turn.   House cleaning day today. And then I'm going to just relax outside for a bit and enjoy one more warm day before our temps drop and rain comes in for the weekend.   Enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!
    • Heather Shay
      Striking your head against the wall, you can lose 150 calories an hour. Blue color attracts mosquitoes in two times more than any other. Most toilet paper sold for home use in France is pink. In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself. In 2005, Mark Zuckerberg unsuccessfully tried to sell Facebook for $75 million. Back then it was called TheFacebook. Strawberries can also be white or yellow, and some can even taste like pineapples! The Boston Marathon didn’t allow female runners until 1972. Banks have therapists known as ‘wealth psychologist’ who help ultra-rich clients, who are unable to mentally cope with their immense wealth.
    • Birdie
      I attend a medical day-centre in Texas for needed medical services. It's religious oriented, so not gender fluid friendly. I of course dress 100% in female attire yet androgynous to keep both "them happy", and I really don't mind.    I of course am imposed rules that no other participant is bound by. The examples are the allowed size of my backpack, or how many visits per day I can see my Representative payee.  The gender neutral restroom use was a compromise that all off us have agreed to.  Not being able to wear tanks tops or shorts that aren't "Bermuda length" are other examples of where I am restricted more than any other participant. "Bra talk" is strictly forbidden, even though their doctor and occupational therapist were the ones that told me I needed support due to neck pain.    I found myself being reprimanded by staff three times yesterday for very petty details, and they have constantly pushed for me to remove myself from the program voluntarily. I am of course someone not welcomed in the program, but federal discrimination laws prevent them from removing me. They instead are just making life miserable with the hopes that I will leave on my own. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Nope.  I live in a rural area.  Pride events are for city folks.  The normally quiet LGBTQ+ club kind of changes atmosphere during that time, and things get a bit political.  As a non-Democrat, I avoid it.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      For me, definitely the size thing.  I'm 5'4" on a good day, and 100lbs.  I can pass as a teenage boy, but never for my real mid-30s age.  And since my husband looks older than his age, I'm often assumed to be his kid.  Or folks think there's something illegal going on.      Also, my lack of the typical aggressive "masculine" demeanor.  I don't really desire the typical masculine social role, nor could I do it even if I tried really hard.  I'm usually quiet and kind of timid. 
    • MaeBe
      I am sorry for your struggles. I cannot empathize, but I can surely sympathize. I wish only the best for you! 
    • Birdie
      No, they are the only provider of services I need an my area. 😑
    • RaineOnYourParade
      My size. A lot of guys aren't 5'3" at seventeen. My hands. It's a less noticeable one, but my hands are very "feminine"? If you know what I mean. My voice. Very high-pitched. I don't just sound like a female, I sound like a little girl sometimes My chest. I've had to stop binding due to frequent aches doing so, and it's not nearly small enough to just cover with baggy clothes My family. They still call me she/her, so that's an automatic out. My anxiety. I might be able to pass better if I had the courage to correct people. Instead, I'm too scared to speak up, so I find it hard. My lack of men's clothes.   Anyone else have these problems, or other ones?
    • violet r
      From what I have read and heard most people are so.busy with their everyday lives and either looking at their phones or in a hurry to notice you out and about. 
    • RaineOnYourParade
      This exactly ^^^   I actually really liked games where I was required to play a male character. It felt homey, in a way. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.