• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi folks, old newbie here :)

Zeda

I'm pretty sure I originally joined this site over 10 years ago and then kind of dropped off after a few years. It looks like the forums went through a transition, too! New name, new look, and I like it!

I am going to be 28 years old in a month, and I've been on HRT for over six years. I describe myself as a genderqueer transwoman and I use they/them and she/her pronouns. I had the great fortune of being able to come out to my (now) spouse back in highschool 10+ years ago and we've been married for 8 and a half years ^~^ I haven't been in contact with my family since 2015 or 2014, and that was stressful for a year or two, but life is pretty good despite the pandemic.

I thought I would stop in to say hi, so hi ^~^

• Forum Moderator
50 minutes ago, Zeda said:

I thought I would stop in to say hi, so hi ^~^

Welcome back Zeda.  You’ve certainly been around awhile.  Glad you returned.  If you’re comfortable with the idea, why not start out with an introduction detailing when and how you decided to transition so we can learn a bit more about you.  You’ve got some years under your belt and many of us, including myself, can be helped out with that kind of experience.  

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

I was three or four when I first told my mother that I wanted to be a girl, and then at five we got into a messed up situation until I was 9 and I learned to kind of hide it. I spent the next few years hating myself and that grew into a focus on hating my genitals. At 15 I was on the school computer and I was alone, so I looked stuff up and found Laura's Playground. I was very excited that I could finally describe myself-- it finally gave me a means to research (I finally knew which questions to ask). After a month or so, I hatched a plan to start transition at 18 when I moved out of my parent's house (I grew up in the boonies, so not exactly a safe space). I made it to 17 before I started wearing makeup, and apparently I was an attractive boy because of it XD I hid it for a while, then I got caught and reprimanded a few times. I got asked out by my now spouse and I decided to try and that was a fantastic decision. I started going to college and nobody really minded that I was wearing makeup, finally joined an LGBTQIAA club on campus and met some awesome people-- remember, back home I was alone. I officially came out as trans 4 days before getting married, and that shocked family a bit (up intil then, parents on both sides were relieved that we turned out straight, that'll teach 'em). Got married, moved away from my parents, put off HRT for a few years, but I practiced with my voice in the meantime. Finally started HRT just before turning 22, to my mother's disapproval. I graduated college, then it eventually got bad enough with my mother that I cut off ties. My spouse and I kind of kept our heads down and worked ourselves into a place of stability, then my spouse went back to college and got their second degree. Since then, we've started to work on progressing with our lives. Our goal is to be able to adopt by the time we are 35. We've been in retail and food service for over a decade, but we are managing to pay off student loans (paid off our third or fourth one this year, only $60k to go :P). I just got a job as a programmer though, so that'll help us out financially, and apparently I am going to have health insurance that is really comprehensive with transgender care, so I was quite surprised. I've been paying everything out-of-pocket so far.

As far as other parts of transition, I still need to change my legal name, but I already have the signed forms from my doctor's to get my gender marker changed, so I am working on that this year. I could have done this two years ago, but life was hectic and I misplaced my birth certificate during a move. I'll probably have that by May, and then I can work on updating everything.

• Forum Moderator

Wow, thanks @Zeda for posting your greatly expanded introduction...and you did it fast too. We have much in common including the early self diagnosis that we were girls or at least knew we wanted to be girls.  I’m twice your age so I didn’t have the information resources available to me.  During my pre-internet elementary school days, I thought I was the only boy in the world who wanted to be a girl.  I’m glad that doesn’t happen to other children as often these days.  Information flows so much more freely these days and children can figure things out much sooner.

My parents passed before I “officially” came out but they knew about my crossdressing from several “incidents” as a child.  Like your mom, my parents hated my gender nonconformity but were in denial that it was an ongoing issue.

Another commonality between our journeys is our spouses and their acceptance of who we are.  You’re lucky to have such a wonderful supportive spouse.  I never want to take it for granted.  Life would’ve been so much more difficult if I would’ve lost my marriage over my transition.  I’m sure you can relate to that.

Well, thanks again for taking the time to give us a bit more detail about yourself.  I hope to read more about your journey as it progresses. Good luck on your upcoming name and legal document changes. That’s an exciting time!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Hi Zeda. Or is pronouced Zay_Dah?

Another lauras playground refugee.  Like me really.

I look forwald to reading all the interesting things you have to say from your perspective

Personally I welcome your propitious return to the forum.

Welcome back Zelda.  Love the name.

I too am looking forward to hearing more of your journey during your time away.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Zeda,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?

Hi there Zeda!

Welcome back, not everyone can be old and new at the same time.

I'm glad you're here.

TA

20 hours ago, Susan R said:

Life would’ve been so much more difficult if I would’ve lost my marriage over my transition.  I’m sure you can relate to that.

Oh, absolutely. My spouse has been a rock in my life (really, we've been each other's) and has protected me when I couldn't muster up the strength our courage to protect myself. 

20 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Hi Zeda. Or is pronouced Zay_Dah?

Another lauras playground refugee.  Like me really.

I look forwald to reading all the interesting things you have to say from your perspective

Personally I welcome your propitious return to the forum.

Zay-Duh is how I pronounce it, but people can call me Ze for short, or if they are practicing non-binary pronouns. If that is still tough, I also accept Your Highness. :D

And yup, I think this is my fourth account over the years (2008/2009, then 2010, then 2017, and now).

By the way, I looked up that word, "propitious," and I am still not sure what it means ^^'

16 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Welcome back Zelda.  Love the name.

I too am looking forward to hearing more of your journey during your time away.

Thanks, it's a French bastardization of the Greek letter zeta ^_^

16 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

Hi Zeda,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?

Hi, thank you! I saw you mentioned my old account in a happy birthday post a few years ago, so thank you! (and it was a low-stress birthdy, btw!)

15 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

Welcome Zelda!

Hi ^_^

13 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Hi there Zeda!

Welcome back, not everyone can be old and new at the same time.

I'm glad you're here.

TA

Yeah, I'm just that cool ? Honestly, it's really cool that there are still a lot of familiar faces here, like Vicky and Carolyn (and JJ, though it looks like he isn't very active these days).

Hey Zeda glad yr living the dream..Much lv , be safe, Be Proud and KICK ASS

6 hours ago, Zeda said:

By the way, I looked up that word, "propitious," and I am still not sure what it means

Presenting favorable circumstances or showing signs of a favorable outcome;

6 hours ago, Zeda said:

I also accept Your Highness.

My pronouns are Legend or Awesome. But in that strange world outside the internet people just use my name. The only time anyone uses Miss or sometimes Mrs is when its official. Bah to that. We are already of the same thinking patten :thumbsup:

See already your comments have had favorable outcome

I rest my case ?