• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

On Line Wigging Out Session

VickySGV

• Admin

Until three weeks ago, my Sunday evenings had been spent with the Trans Chorus here in Los Angeles that I helped found.  With the lock-down problem, we have had to discontinue the in person rehearsals and are trying to get used to the idea of doing them on-line for now.  Last week we had a general meeting to get used to the new stuff we will use, and to simply connect with each other.  Tonight's session was to review a calendar of meetings, but one of the people noticed that another member has a rather wild looking wig on a stand behind her which cascaded into every one showing off their favorite wigs while the meeting was going on.  A couple of them do semi-drag acts, and their hair was wild but you couldn't help love to look at it.  It left all of us laughing  with admiration at things we did not know about each other before.  Trans People in Large Groups can be FABULOUS. 

• Admin

That sounds like a lot of fun, Vicky.  I think I've seen a couple of yours...

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

A wig on a stand, what a wonderful way to segue into a fun time!  

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Trans People in Large Groups can be FABULOUS.

I have to agree with you, VIcky.  Sometimes fun like that can’t be planned...it just happens.  Love it!  
Our WA state trans support groups recently combined with the other affiliate groups and we all meet on Zoom now.  The combined group has about 28-30 people on during the meeting so it’s a good size.  It’s after the formal meeting when it’s sort of a “free for all” that we really have a fun time. I’ll probably miss this Zoom’ing online with these people (some who I don’t normally see as they are new members) after this pandemic has run its course.

Susan R?

• Admin
11 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

That sounds like a lot of fun, Vicky.  I think I've seen a couple of yours...

I know you have!  Even now with my own hair long enough to be socially presentable (and blow in my mouth at the worst times) the wigs are fun to wear and are PERMISSIBLE to wear as I feel like it.  In the beginning for me wigs were antidotes to GD and a dark affirmation of who I secretly was. The wigs were necessary to validate who I thought I was.  Now that I and everyone else knows Vicky, they are not a disguise of the former person they are part of Vicky's celebration of who she is.  Even if I were not fortunate enough to have my own hair and had to wear wigs daily, I would still have some wild hair just to celebrate who I know I am.