• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi, From Miss Bev

Guest Miss Bev

Guest Miss Bev

My name is Beverly. and I'm new here at Laura's.

My birth name is Michael Beverly, thus Beverly is my common law first name. I am perfectly content having a common law name, and no one cares one wit. But when it comes to federal documents, etc, it shows Michael Beverly. I don't care about that. What I care about more, is protecting legal rights to marriage, social security, shared property ownership, inheritance, medical insurance, etc. I know who I am, and what gender I am. I'm female, top to bottom, inside and out. And speaking of out, I am. Out that is.

I'm a late transitioner, married, with children, grand children, and loved by them all. I'm one of a tiny fortunate few who didn't lose everyone and everything. At 50-something, I transitioned quietly, under wraps, as it were, at work, and when it became more and more difficult to pass as male, came out to my HR person. She was wonderful, and totally supportive. She asked me how I wanted to go about introducing Beverly into the workplace, and my solution was to go as her, the very next day. So, the next day, my name tag said Bev, and I was in my normal female attire.

I then spent the next year in hell. Only a small handful of people were supportive, but those few (2) who were, were very supportive and helped keep me centered. A busy, competitive sales floor can be a very rough place to exist under any ordinary circumstance, so Beverly had to stand up for herself.

The female employees were unhappy that I suddenly displayed a rather prominent pair of breasts that enjoyed the new found freedom of not being bound under layers of spandex. They complained that they could see the outline of my nipples, and they could see my bra straps under my blouse, and worst of all, I had suddenly invaded the privacy of their inner sanctum....the ladies room. The men shunned me because I was a traitor. They knew me as Mike, was a friend of Mike's, and saw Mike in a very different light. This new person Beverly that was thrust upon them made Mike a traitor. And worst of all, it was apparent that Mike was........crazy.

After a long enough time though, people began to know Beverly and now it is no longer much of a topic of conversation. New people have replaced many of the old crowd, and are not told by management of my trans status, although I'm sure some are clued in by other workers. Most know me as a gay woman with a wife, and seem okay with that. The remainder of the older crowd that knew me as Mike and gave me such a hard time are now supportive, though a few are just grudgingly accepting.

My wife/partner and I lost all of our friends at work and church. It was a heart breaking time, but now we have real friends, and are in a church that is happy to have us in the congregation as a same sex couple. Being myself came at a high personal cost to us both.[/font]

Hi Beverly and welcome, since I'm first to post, come sit with me on the patio, I'll offer you some of Sally's chocolate chip cookies and some chocolate milk, since it's a bit too warm out for coco. Others will be around shortly to say hi, there are plenty of late transitioners here, i am one being 57 and started last year.

HUGS!

Paula

Guest Pól

Welcome to the playground, Bev! It's a great place with nice people and good imaginary food :) Jump in and start posting on topics when you feel ready, we'd love to hear what you've to say.

• Admin

Welcome to Laura's, Beverly. It's great to have you here. You'll find an incredible level of support and friendship.

Its wonderful to hear that you have such a supportive family. That is sooo important, as well as rare.

Please make yourself at home, look through the forums, and POST. We want to get to know you better.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Right now the welcome crew is a bit under the weather, emotionally - but we do want to say hello - and your story is so good - even the ending parts, in the fact you didn't lose everything like a lot of us have.

So look around and post a bit. We are so glad you found us.

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

Hi, Bev!

Welcome to the Playground. Nice to have you here with us!

Wow! You've been through it and still have a positive attitude...that is so wonderful!

You seem to overcome quite a lot in your time, so be sure to jump in with any advice or Huggs that you can muster for anyone that needs it!

It REALLY is nice to have you here!

HUGGS

Donna Jean

Hi Beverly,

I am so glad that you are here.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friends but your wife remained with you and that is a huge plus.

Mine split and i hadn't even started to transition I'm 57 and about to start hormones in July.

Enjoy the friendships and feel free to help or ask for help if you need it - we are all here for each other.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest nymphblossom

It's great to meet you, Bev!

Thank you for sharing. I am 48 and just came out to my wife. Hearing your story is a great encouragement for the rocky road that lays ahead of me.

Blossom

Guest Miss Bev

Thank you all soooo much for your wonderful support, and yummy chocolate chip cookies. I'm a sucker for those big....soft...chewy.....chocolate chip cookies!

Guest ~Brenda~

Welcome Bev!!

Wow, you have been through alot and your are so far down the road on your journey!! You clearly have withstood the worst and are now on the other side of darkness. You are an inspiration!! I am sorry for what you have had to go through. As Lizzy says, "it's hard being a transsexual" as you know, I know, we all know. We all have had to make great sacrifices to be who we really are. I am so happy that you are here. Welcome and please post to the forums dear.

Love

bernii

Guest joe0117

Welcome Miss Bev,

I'm sorry I wasn't along sooner. You have already met some of the wonderful people here. I'm sorry that that your transition was so hard for you and your wife. I am glad that you have loving people in your life now. I am glad that you have found us here.

Joe

Guest Nikk

Hello Miss Bev, welcome to the playground! I see that you've been introduced to a plentitude of virtual food and happy times. <3 Glad to see that you're doing well from what I can tell... Your story is definitely an inspiration to those of us who plan to do that in the future.

~Nikk

Guest Naomi Stardust

welcome!

a lot may have changed because of your transition

but it seems like its mostly for the better :)

glad you are with us!

Guest van-na

Hi Bev,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

I'm so happy that you have joined us.

This is a wonderful place to be.

If you have time come over and chat with us, we would be happy to see you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Alyssa Leigh

HI Bev

Welcome to the playground. I hope you enjoy your stay here because there are so many nice people here.

Guest Ashlee

Hello Bev,

So nice of you to join us here at Laura's

Welcome to the playground!

There are many really nice people here, do feel comfortable around us.

{HUGS}

Ashlee

Guest Marissa Anastasia

Hello Beverly, and welcome to our cyber-family...we will all do our best to lend an ear, a shoulder, or whatever you need...now that you're here, pull up a chair and relax...be yourself.

Love,

Marissa