• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Six Word Stories

Faye1972

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jackie C.

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Shay said:

Warm bread with home made jam.

That won't help me lose weight.

Heather Nicole
On 11/14/2020 at 7:20 AM, Jackie C. said:
On 11/14/2020 at 7:16 AM, Shay said:

Warm bread with home made jam.

That won't help me lose weight.

Uncle got me into bread making.

But, can't enjoy it often enough!

Bread is carbs, bad for waistline!

Waistline much too big, needs reduction!

Six words: Feels like speaking caveman! :)

2 hours ago, Jani said:

Grey day, bright flowers on table

Brightness punctuating the darkness -- so lovely!

Pelting rain can't beat my mood

Of happiness over my road ahead

1 hour ago, Cyndee said:

new flings, with strings and things.....

new rings, with bling to sling! 💍

• Forum Moderator

Warm December first, I'll take it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• BillieB
    • Aurora
    • KathyLauren
    • Astrid
    • MaryEllen
    • Kasumi63
    • KymmieL
    • Pumela
    • Willow Farmer
    • Jackie C.
    • VickySGV
    • Shay
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Harlyqynn
    Newest Member
    Harlyqynn

1. Alex.G
      Alex.G
    2. GurlinCanton
      GurlinCanton
      (39 years old)
    • BillieB
      @Shay no I have the Years of T damage 😂 that is a FaceApp feminized picture of me, I am 61 years old and have had the nickname of Lurch for years. I am just happy to be on the correct path now.
    • Shay
      Even one step better than none.
    • Shay
      And luckily you are young enough to not have to years of T damage. You are going to be lovely - mark my words.  
    • VickySGV
      Even though not an MSW, I have many friends in the Trans community who are MSW and MFT counselors.  To some degree it depends on where your are and where you are applying.  Places like California  have requirements that they must consider you if you are Trans. Thus I do know people getting the jobs.  Call your local LGBTQ Center and see if they know of Trans Accepting places you can get a job, some have clinics that do take on interns, who are snapped up by other places.  it may not be the highest paid, but it will take care of licensing requirements. Location Location Location!!  Planned Parenthood who has family counseling services and is now having clinics for Trans people, and other Service Organizations would also be possibilities where I know people are getting jobs, especially as this pandemic thing is rolling. 
    • Shay
      @HollyNoel hang in there - I have been doing electrolysis for about 7 months locally (thank god) but I understand that laser doesn't work (I'm gray as well) and I really am horrible at shaving and it is driving me crazy - BUT - you will find someway, somehow to get it done - I have faith - GROUPON (to get deals) and if you have to drive - you can practice Voice Feminization exercises during the trip or emotion expansion or podcasts about LGBTQ+ topics.
    • BillieB
      Thank you @Shay I am feeling so happy right now! Virtual hugs until real ones can be given.      
    • Shay
      Congratulations - it's a big step and I am proud of you. HUGS
    • Shay
      Have you tried therapists in your area to see if there is available space with them? My therapist has had to turn away patients. I figure Psychology Today listings might also help and networking via LinkedIn perhaps? You've probably tried those routes but it's the best I can come up with for you to try.
    • Shay
      @Willow Farmer - hurray Christians who actually are living by the example of Jesus. 
    • BillieB
      Today is Day 1, I have started my HRT! The journey goes forward! 😄🎊🎉
    • HollyNoel
      @Willow Farmer Thank you.   I have yet to do electrolysis, there isn't any place in my town that does electrolysis, the places the does hair removal only does laser and that wont work for me. My beard is mostly grey.   I have to travel to Chicago to get electrologist. That sucks.  
    • BillieB
      Today Monday March 8, I came out to another Church friend yesterday who was very supportive, even asked me for my pronouns and new name before I had a chance to inform him. I definitely will finish my list by Easter this year. And today is day 1 of HRT! The journey goes forward!
    • Jandi
      Perhaps sitting in the clinic and signing on the dotted line… the informed consent papers.
    • Harlyqynn
      Hello, I am unsure where to start really, I guess I want to say out loud to the world that I am proud to be bisexual and finally open up that I am genderfluid. It has taken me a couple of decades to finally be able understand my gender, I feel like the world had finally given me a word that defines how I have felt for a long time. It was strange growing up, having feeling and thoughts without a label to make sense of myself or anyone to talk to about it. Some people consider the lack of a label a positive thing which I understand in many ways but it has been so hard to put into words to describe myself. I never understood why one day I would like my body as I was born (female) to then find I wanted nothing more than to be the total opposite. I was like two different people growing up, fluctuating from being happy as I represent one way to the complete opposite where I felt empty and a fraud, never opening up to one side of myself. I buried so many feelings and would make myself numb on the days where I felt 'wrong'. My sexuality on the other hand was something I came to terms with quite early on and although I never shouted it out, I was not ashamed privately of it from being a late teen. I confess even now, I am more nervous about telling my family and friends about being genderfluid as the world is still learning about it. I have finally admitted to myself who I am which has brought me so much relief and happiness. I feel like I am learning my life again, it's a wonderful taste of freedom. It is very early stages, I still fear being laughed at or told I am 'confused'. I have suffered with depression and bad mental healthe over the years- my greatest fear is having my past illnesses used against me when I try to explain who I am as a person. I truly believe my sadness in the past was partly due to the suppression and lies I carried for so long. After years of heartache, numbness, confusion, secrecy, traumas and insecurities I am emerging as a beautiful person. I understand so much more and I am able represent my true self. I would love to chat with others that understand, this is my first time of opening up to the wider world and I fear strangers less than those close to me. So far I have only told 2 people about being genderfluid; my partner and one friend. They were incredibly supportive. Love to them both XXX       
    • Sylvia Feng
      I got my MSW the end of 2019, which was before I came out to my parents and friends and started HRT, and during this time I've been unsuccessfully looking for/applying to as many positions I can find that meet my post-grad licensure requirements. I mean, the whole reason I chose an MSW over an MFT or MHC is because I wanted the other "helping" options social work offers.   While I could go on about how ridiculous it feels getting licensed to practice clinical social work is (do individual counseling without supervision), I'm just curious how other people have managed to find the work they needed to get licensed.   Thanks for your help!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.