• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Resuming transition

Tori M

Hi,

My name is Tori, age 54, and I identify as female, as in her/she.  I'm a country gal who adores birds, animals and everything about nature.  I'm also a geek; I describe myself with the moniker "Cosmic Possum".  It means one foot in the old, natural world and the other foot in the modern one.  Tori comes from Emily Victoria, a lovely name given to me by my late partner, a most incredible and irreplaceable woman.  From 2003 to 2012 I was on HRT and lived openly as a woman but then moved with family from urban northern Virginia to a small timber town in Oregon where being trans was not so cool.  I have lived the past 8 years in mostly sweatpants and baggy t-shirts with my hair tied back.  Some people here know I'm trans, some don't.  I look androgynous so sometimes I hear "sir", sometimes I hear "ma'am".

The pandemic has given us a lot of thinking time and I've resolved to get MY life back.  I'm on the road to "recovery" and resuming my transition, if that's what you'd call my new approach.  I have a new perspective now that doesn't include societal demands nor any prescribed notion of who I have to become.  I don't have the same needs/wants as before... I'm less concerned with looking perfect and more focused on just being myself and curing my ails, hormonally and surgically.  Over these last eight years I feel like the young girl in me has grown into a woman... maiden into crone.

I have been looking for a place like this lately, or should I say, a place with people like you.  I've spent the past few days and nights reading a lot of posts and blogs here.  It's so wonderful to find people of like mind with mature perspectives that expands my understanding of myself and my future.  I am so appreciative of the brave, open-hearted dialogs and "diaries" that you all have shared here over the years.  Your writings are beautiful, deep, and enlightening.  I look forward to continue learning and growing alongside you gals and guys and maybe offer some contributions of my own sometimes.  Oh, and hopefully have some fun, too... we need more fun in this world right now.  Hugs and kisses!

• Forum Moderator

Salutations Tori and welcome to TransPulse!

Thanks for sharing! You're not that much older than I am. I might object to the term "crone." My therapist refers to me as more of an "Earth Mother." I might feel comfortable with crone in another thirty years. Maybe not. ?

In any case, I'm happy that you've found us and I'm glad you're here. I completely agree, we could all use a little more fun.

Hugs!

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

more of an "Earth Mother."

Earth Mother... yea, I like that!  I only feel like a crone some days, haha.  Occasionally still have a Maiden day, but I don't feel like a Mother.  I might borrow that Earth Mother status. ?

Hello and Welcome!

Thank you for sharing.

Welcome Tori,

This forum is bursting full of kind compassionate people in all stages of life. At 54 you're still a "spring chicken" hehe. I'm 49 and feelin fine so don't worry about age--we're all ages here. 

Thanks for the warm welcome!  One of my reasons for joining, I think, is for simple socializing.  I don't personally know anyone trans, and I have little experience talking about issues like ours with people like us.  I'm an introvert, so I'm fine with being alone most of the time.  I hope that I can jump into a few conversations here, but please forgive me if some of my comments seem a little weird.  I'm learning.

First Welcome..I just turn 57 so I feel your pain.

Second, Please share you seen a woman that has experience a lot. Would love to hear more. and Third and most important.. Jackie C LOVE THE HAIR

39 minutes ago, Alex C said:

First Welcome..I just turn 57 so I feel your pain.

Second, Please share you seen a woman that has experience a lot. Would love to hear more. and Third and most important.. Jackie C LOVE THE HAIR

Thank you, Alex.  So sweet of you to say and I'm sure I'll be writing plenty as time goes by.  Sometimes I think I could write a book.  I just glanced at your profile and noted your remark about progesterone, something I don't know much about either.  I think it's supposed to help breast growth which might be a good thing for women our age.  That will probably be my next search topic here, although I'm not looking for larger breasts.  And about still liking women, despite what my first doctor thought, there IS such a thing as a lesbian transexual.  As I told her, "I'm a woman and some women are gay.  What's so hard to understand about that?".  tee-hee

Welcome! Glad you’re working to make you happy! I’m new here but this place is WONDERFUL. 

Yes, I'm finding this place wonderful, too.  The people here are mature, experienced and very generous... exactly what I've been needing and what I haven't found at other sites.  I'm happy to see you're finding support here as well!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 160 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • Maddee
    • SydneyAngel
    • Betty K
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ArtavikenGenderflui
    Newest Member
    ArtavikenGenderflui

1. afraid of self
      afraid of self
    2. Chaidoesart
      Chaidoesart
      (14 years old)
    3. Faith57
      Faith57
    4. Joyce Ann
      Joyce Ann
      (70 years old)
    5. Kelly21121
      Kelly21121
      (56 years old)
    • SydneyAngel
      Hey girl  I had a problem like you happen to me also. In my first year of estrogen I had a period where my level were good then they got really bad where my testosterone spike high.  I felt like you with all that disforia coming hard. Our bodies need time to adjust. The process is a real pain in the beginning. It levels out eventually and you don't even think about it. Hang in there hugs 
    • Ivy
      Biden's woke agenda?
    • KatieSC
      I wonder if there will be law enforcement procedural shows coming this fall. I can imagine Law and Order: Genital Crimes Unit, or perhaps, FBI: Domestic Genitalia. Then again, maybe they will dedicate a CSI program about the dedicated members of the Oklahoma State Police Genital Screening Unit. Good to know that those Oklahomans have their priorities squared away.
    • KatieSC
      Protections? Well, when they mandate that some who is transgender can get facial and genital electrolysis paid as it is essential to affirming care, or when they mandate and pay for facial feminization surgery, speech therapy/voice affirmation surgery, I will believe that the order is effective. One of biggest hurdles for many transgender individuals is the cost of care. I remember when my one insurance company tried to say that my speech therapy and voice surgery were "cosmetic". I remember when they blocked paying for my facial surgery. I remember the fight I had to get electrolysis. These procedures could save someone's life if the procedures help the individual successfully transition, and are no longer misgendered. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I don't think it should be.  Nor do I see Project 2025 as pushing Christian nationalism.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      The agencies are supposed to work for him.  The problem, as conservatives found out in Trump 1, was they will ignore the president and do their own thing.  The agencies are supposed to be under his control.   Congress delegated some of its law making authority to the agencies, which is another problem.   The bloated federal government needs to be trimmed.  Dept Education is worthless - test scores have dropped since it was instituted in the Carter administration consistently, and it is currently implementing Biden's woke agenda more than doing anything else.
    • FinnyFinsterHH
      I hope to eventually wear a suit for dance but don't know what exactly to look for. I feel like jumpsuit is safe option but I have been interested in wearing button up and formal pants. Is there a certain brand i should look for or sites I should look at for tips? My mom is not exactly keen on me wearing too masc clothing like suits just yet but is okay with jumpsuits. Also is there hair styling tips availible, my hair looks like image below. I might be able to get shorter haircut like pixie but am not sure yet.  
    • MaeBe
      It’s never been about him, but he is the Presidential nominee for the Presidency that starts in…2025. I don’t see a lot of conflation that this is a “Trump doctrine”, it a doctrine that benefits him surely, but it is a plan to instill crony governance and enact very Christian conservative (if not purely Christian nationalist) “order” on the country. If you don’t see this as the Right doubling down on Big G government, I don’t know what to tell them. Getting rid of agencies and giving the authority directly to the Executive isn’t shrinking government. It’s consolidation power. 
    • MaeBe
      It is the made up ideology they believe trans people are pushing on the world, those “poor young girls who are being coerced into believing they are men” and the “perverts who put on dresses and think they’re girls”. The anti-LGBTQ+ movement came up with the term. Being trans = you believe in trans ideology/transgenderism, supporting trans people = the same.   In the end anyone that acts on or thinks gender is anything but what is in your pants is a “transgenderist”, why not make it a word if it’s not, there is no real grey area. Unless you acknowledge there is transgenderism, but use your knowledge to “correct it”.  So I guess there could be transgenderist conversion “therapists”.  Face it, we deface the America they want. Land of the Free and Home of the Brave? I think being out and queer is pretty brave. And freedom shouldn’t just be for those who push a narrow “Christian ideology” as the “true” governing model.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Over here muttering about "a new Jim Crow against a persecuted minority."    
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Rants are not a problem.  My favorite hobby! :)   What's out there is bad enough that I wonder why some people feel they need to embellish it.  Be alert.   Some of this will need to be fought in court if they try to implement it. If people are out to get me, paranoia is justified.  And this may not be the only document.   Abby
    • Ivy
      Not in so many words, therefore it's not there at all.  Excuse my paranoia. And the states passing laws against us are nothing to worry about either. Having to change my gender back to male (like in Florida) is reasonable.  I should just accept it, I mean I was born with a dk.  So that "F" is lie, and a fraud.  My delusions need to be dealt with for my own good.   I'm just frustrated these days.  Just a bit of a rant.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You probably remember the Target PR fiasco.  I remember reading an account from a woman who shopped there.  She went into a stall and did her business, and someone came into the bathroom and began swinging stall doors open, and when she came to her stall, the woman peeked at her through the crack. "What are you doing?" "Checking for perverts." The writer was so stunned by the absurdity that she finished up ASAP and got out of there, while the other woman entered a stall and locked it, made sure it was locked, and locked it again. 
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Been a good day.Cleaned my closet of clothes that I do not wear anymore and do not fit me.It looks better now.Came down to my newest property beside mine,owner passed and I inherited it.There was a double wide there that was removed,it was in bad shape.It is the shop part I am keeping which I got the tools,shop equipment,benches,hoists and shelving too.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Nothing about eradicating TG folk. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.