• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Asymmetry in breast development / soreness?

RobynNYC

Hi,  I’m on very low dose hrt and am seeing some results (ouch...!).   I’m developing (soreness,  early stage budding) more on one side than another though.  

has anyone experienced this?  I assume it will even out?  

thanks so much!

• Forum Moderator

It usually evens out. Mostly. Most women (trans and cis) are asymmetrical to some degree. I've seen cis women (OK, one. In high school) who were asymmetrical enough that you could see it from some distance, but those are outliers. Most of us mostly even out.

Hugs!

It's uncommon to have them naturally perfectly symmetrical. Could be from the low dose of hrt. You should still let the doctor know. Nature doesn't know perfect symmetry past multiples of 2, even then it doesn't have a concept of math, though everything runs by numbers. They have breast pad inserts in case clothing becomes annoying to wear cuz of the lack of symmetry.

• Admin

I have been on HRT for 10 years this month, and my boobs were stop and grow one side at a time up to my GCS.  Six months after that they evened out with one last burst of energy, and have been 44C ever since.  I would suggest investing in some bra inserts (nursing shields) or One size up silicone enhancers while you are still developing.  A friend who is a nurse at our local Trans Health center is the wife of a world famous breast expert and the information relayed to me is that your body is going to do what it is going to do.  Your body and its genetics are 90 times more important that estrogen dosage.  Once the body says boob time its gonna boob you. 

Oh yeah! For me growth/soreness started on the right side. Took almost a month or two for the left side to start, then maybe another couple months for it to catch up and even out. There was enough overlap in their growth that I (and my dr) was the only one who noticed the asymmetry. Some asymmetry as others have said is quite normal. 

~Toni

Thanks @ToniTone   I’m wondering if it has to do with me being right handed ... dominant side and all.   :)

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, RobynNYC said:

Thanks @ToniTone   I’m wondering if it has to do with me being right handed ... dominant side and all.   :)

You know, I wondered about that too, but my left is bigger than my right. With my spouse, her right is bigger than her left. We're both right-handed, though she was left-handed at birth and had it trained out of her. I think it's just Mother Nature screwing with us.

Hugs!

I'm right handed, the right breast has always been a bit heftier than the left until this last year when the endo changed me to estradiol valerate injections. The left one caught up with the right side pretty quickly. I still think the side your dominant hand is on seems to be a bit bigger during transition, probably has something to do with the underlaying tissue around the pectoral muscles.